1. Standard memberSaint Nick
    Pimp of the elves
    San Diego, CA
    Moves
    04 Jun '04 00:05
    Hmmm, seen this problem reported about some of the other tournys, but just expirienced this for the Gamma banded tourny. My current rating is 1386 and 30 max ix 1466. It won't let me join the 1400-1599 touney, but instead lets me join the 1200-1399. I see that alot of other players in the same situation are joining in the 1200-1399 group. Is there something I'm missing here or is it a bug?
  2. Standard membergotti2000
    The winemaker
    Austria
    Moves
    04 Jun '04 11:52
    I reported this problem for the Beta Banded but didn't get any response. According to another thread in the help or general forum Chris even fixed this issue for one person manually but the real bug is not fixed, yet. I'm already waiting too long for a banded tourney as I'm going up and down around 1400. Because of that bug I couldn't join the Beta Banded. Finally, I joined the lower band in the Gamma Tournament because I'm here to play chess!

Gotti
  3. Standard memberSaint Nick
    Pimp of the elves
    San Diego, CA
    Moves
    04 Jun '04 15:35
    Gotti, I know Russ and Chris are working as fast as they can and the banded tournys are still new. I'm confident they will run better over time. I just feel like I'm doing a disjustice to the guys in the lower tourny. (to the the truth, I created this post out of guilt, in case anyone wondered why I was in that tourny)
  4. Stockholm
    Moves
    05 Jun '04 12:42
    Chrismo investigated this problem after I sent feedback about it. It turned out that the banded tournaments had for some reason wrongly got the old parameters for eligibility, which means that it's the current ranking only that counts.

So, it's a temporary bug if you like. In future tournaments this should be corrected.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree