1. Zeist, Holland
    Moves
    18 May '04 11:00
    Is someone manually going to check whether you are from a certain continent? Or is it supposed to be automatic? In that case, it doesn't work. I entered the Asian tournament, and I am most certainly not from Asia 😀
    Another thing, which tournament do players from Russia or Turkey have to enter?
  2. Virginia
    Moves
    19 May '04 13:32
    Turkey is technically in Asia. Russians are mostly in Europe (West of the Urals).
  3. Joined
    20 Feb '02
    Moves
    19 May '04 14:18
    But Turkey is going to join the EU, and they play European football, so maybe it should be in the Europe group 😉

Andrew
  4. Joined
    03 Feb '04
    Moves
    19 May '04 15:23
    Another thing, the rules say that you must have your flag up to enter, there are at least 2 players who do not have flags up that have entered.

But good one for organising such tournaments! Keep em coming
  5. Somewhere in England
    Moves
    19 May '04 21:15
    Mossgroup appears a little confused as to his location, so he entered them all!
  6. Standard memberNatural Science
    blunderer of pawns
    Rhode (not an)Island
    Moves
    20 May '04 03:38
    Originally posted by SteveC
    Mossgroup appears a little confused as to his location, so he entered them all!
    Egads! Guys, don't you see? Mossgroup is God!
  7. Joined
    20 Feb '02
    Moves
    20 May '04 07:05
    It seems geography may be an issue for a lot of people, check out Oceania. I have noticed at least one person has suddenly changed nationalility!!!

Andrew
  8. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    20 May '04 18:20
    Originally posted by Natural Science
    Egads! Guys, don't you see? Mossgroup is God!
    I just wanted to enter the Europe tourny but mossgroup is stealing one spot...........
  9. Standard memberSaint Nick
    Pimp of the elves
    San Diego, CA
    Moves
    21 May '04 14:55
    Mossgroup just resigned his games. I think he realized his mistake and exercised the best option he could to try to correct it..
  10. Joined
    03 Feb '04
    Moves
    21 May '04 20:39
    Israel is in Africa??
  11. Stockholm
    Moves
    22 May '04 19:23
    Originally posted by saffa73
    Israel is in Africa??
    Why not? Israel also participates in the eurovision song contest. If they belong to Europe when they sing, they might as well belong to Africa when they play chess. 🙄
  12. Joined
    03 Feb '04
    Moves
    23 May '04 09:06
    The All Africatournament has just started...

10 Players, I am the sendond seed, so in with a chance to win my first tourney...

My rating...1634
    Top seed's rating 1836 - timtim

Just one problem.

Timtim is from the USA - has a USA flag up..and no mention whatsoever of Africa in his profile.

Not amused.
  13. Standard membertimtim
    Unnatural Leader
    Sweeny, Texas
    Moves
    24 May '04 00:41
    Originally posted by saffa73
    The All Africatournament has just started...

10 Players, I am the sendond seed, so in with a chance to win my first tourney...

My rating...1634
    Top seed's rating 1836 - timtim

Just one problem.

Timtim is from the USA - has a USA flag up..and no mention whatsoever of Africa in his profile.

Not amused.
    Look, I have already apologized about it. I'm sorry again, but don't have an orgasm about it. I joined the tourney to get more games in, i did not join the tourney in the intention of making anyone mad.

Most people wouldn't mind because they are in it for the competition. Not just to win the tourney. Once you report it and (if) I get kicked out then you will have your chance to "win a tourney".

Sorry my tourney was already in progress and I wanted to play more games. You need to lighten up and shut up. I'm tired of your petty ass bs.

regards
    timtim 😉
  14. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    24 May '04 00:59
    As saintnick said mossgroup apologized resigning all his games in the North America tourny,it was a great gesture!
    I obviously don't expect this from you,but you can't say you joined the tourny just to have more games...............your high rating gives you 70% odds to win this tourny,why didn't you join the Europe tourny?maybe because there are many strong players?this is a bad trick man..............
  15. Joined
    03 Feb '04
    Moves
    24 May '04 18:58
    Originally posted by timtim
    Look, I have already apologized about it. I'm sorry again, but don't have an orgasm about it. I joined the tourney to get more games in, i did not join the tourney in the intention of making anyone mad.

Most people wouldn't mind because they are in it for the competition. Not just to win the tourney. Once you report it and (if) I get kicked out then ...[text shortened]... es. You need to lighten up and shut up. I'm tired of your petty ass bs.

regards
    timtim 😉
    '''You need to lighten up and shut up. I'm tired of your petty ass bs.'''

Thanks a lot Timtim. Nice of you to be so civil and polite. I hope your post gets seen by loads of people so they too will know the nice person called Timtim that I have come to know of late...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree