1. Joined
    04 Apr '04
    Moves
    12 Jan '05 12:01
    Originally posted by Dustnrogers
    But thinking about it, i guess it is a bit unfair, cuz i know my odds are good for winning it, even thought, Faithnomore has beat me before, same with Dragonfoz, has beaten me, and a few others in the tourney. And the reason why i ignored you was cuz i was upset that in 1 day, 4 people in total told me in lossing positions that they were not going to mo ...[text shortened]... and lose to me, how do i get my rating up so that you wont lose any points when playing me!

SO STOP GETTING FREAKIN' TIMED-OUT ALL THE TIME!!!! How can you complain about people not wanting to lose an unfair ammount of points against you, when you keep dropping back to 900 every 2 months!?😕
  2. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    12 Jan '05 12:10
    my question to dustn ....
    why dont you play with timebank? ... always insist on large timebank .. it will suit you.
  3. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    12 Jan '05 12:151 edit
    But thinking about it, i guess it is a bit unfair, cuz i know my odds are good for winning it, even thought, Faithnomore has beat me before, same with Dragonfoz, has beaten me, and a few others in the tourney. And the reason why i igno ...[text shortened]... my rating up so that you wont lose any points when playing me!

i like to play you
    http://www.redhotpawn.com/core/viewpublicgames.php?p1name=flexmore&p2name=dustnrogers&showgamescode=A
    but damn it .. get your timing together!!!!!!
    there are options, there are ways, you can work it out.
    choose times that suit you.
    if 150 games are waiting then move move move! you do this well.
    if only 5 games are waiting then think long and hard (instead of play fast and start 50 more new games)
  4. Internet
    Moves
    12 Jan '05 12:501 edit
    Dustin,

I had the same problem when I played you: In one game I was up three pawns, in the other I was losing badly. You resigned the first game when you were rated ~750, adding one point to my 1200-1300 rating. I halted my resignation in the other game until your rating had increased to its usual level. Now, I'm not that fanatic about ratings, but I felt it was unfair, that I should lose 30 points, even though I scored 1-1 against a much better player. I'm sure a lot of players is reluctant to resign, when facing a similar situation.
  5. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    12 Jan '05 16:45
    Why do you guys care so much about rating? Sure if you lose 1 game to Dustin when he's 1200- you lose a lot of points. So what? If you think that your rating is your skill level, chances are it'll go back up. I've games to people around 1200-1300 and lost tons of points but that didn't keep me from resigning when I should. If you know you're gonna lose a game or can see mate coming just let it happen or resign the game you're gonna lose no matter the other persons rating. There'll be other games where you'll probably beat someone higher then you and you'll get the points back and I'm sure when that happens you'll be mad if the person doesn't move or resign when he should. Thanks for listening

Josh

6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    12 Jan '05 17:06
    first of all, the only reason i stayed was because, people like no1, said i was only a 1600 rated player at best. and many agreed, if you think that im a lower rated player half the time, then when i join a 1599 max tourney you guys are like whoooaoaa hes like 2000????

Anyways..
    Dustin
    I'm rather surprised to see an assessment I made in a PM (and NOT to Dustn) be quoted in the forums; I regard that as a serious breach of etiquette. In any event, I was basing that assessment on his games with me where he has not fared well, though there were some early resignations (but he was down at least a pawn in those). Certain players present matchup problems to other players, however, I have a lousy record against Diedjee though last I checked he has a significantly lower rating.

I personally prefer not to play Dustn at this time because of his extreme rating fluctuations and the fact I'm never sure whether I'm going to get a full game; I hate timeouts and "cutting down your games" resignations. And as the ratings are somewhat dependent on your number of games (if you play a ton of games and win them against lesser players you'll still rapidly amass points) and as Dustn plays and wins a lot, my original assessment - that Dustn's playing level is about 1600 (NOT "at the most&quot😉 remains to me defensible given the number of games he plays which preclude detailed analysis. If he cut his games down significantly it's quite possible he'd perform at a 1900 level, but as of now I doubt whether he has a plus score against many 1900's.
  7. Internet
    Moves
    12 Jan '05 20:03
    Originally posted by GalaxyShield
    Why do you guys care so much about rating? Sure if you lose 1 game to Dustin when he's 1200- you lose a lot of points. So what? If you think that your rating is your skill level, chances are it'll go back up. I've games to people around 1200-1300 and lost tons of points but that didn't keep me from resigning when I should. If you know you're gonna ...[text shortened]... . Thanks for listening

Josh

I see your point and there would be no problems, if everybody would resign their games when they were lost. Certain players however, postpone their resignations and suddenly resign 200+ games at once. I don't mind losing 30 points to some 1100 player who beats me, but when in a lost position against some sandbagger rated half his average, I'll probably continue to act childish and hold my resignation.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree