1. Standard membercoentje
    Plop!
    /dev/null
    Moves
    04 Sep '06 18:47
    Are there any people interested in starting a thematic tournament at halloween playing only the halloween gambit?
  2. Joined
    13 Apr '06
    Moves
    04 Sep '06 20:19
    never heard of the halloween gambit, never heard of halloween, never heard of tournaments, but i want in!
  3. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    04 Sep '06 20:37
    Originally posted by mazziewag
    never heard of the halloween gambit, never heard of halloween, never heard of tournaments, but i want in!
    http://chessville.com/UCO/Halloween_Gambit/Part_1.htm

http://chessville.com/UCO/Halloween_Gambit/Part_2.htm
  4. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    04 Sep '06 20:37
    Originally posted by cmsMaster
    http://chessville.com/UCO/Halloween_Gambit/Part_1.htm

http://chessville.com/UCO/Halloween_Gambit/Part_2.htm
    The only way I'd join is if they made them unrated. :/
  5. Standard membercoentje
    Plop!
    /dev/null
    Moves
    04 Sep '06 22:07
    Originally posted by cmsMaster
    The only way I'd join is if they made them unrated. :/
    lol, why, the HG is the best opening ever 🙂

well the most fun one anyway 😉

I would not mind if it is an unrated one but i prefer a normal rated one. I try play the HG in most of my games already anyway 🙂
  6. Standard membercoentje
    Plop!
    /dev/null
    Moves
    04 Sep '06 22:07
    Originally posted by mazziewag
    http://www.xs4all.nl/~timkr/tour/breeze.htm
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Sep '06 00:46
    it looks like a pretty rubbish opening.
  8. Standard membercoentje
    Plop!
    /dev/null
    Moves
    05 Sep '06 00:51
    Originally posted by trevor33
    it looks like a pretty rubbish opening.
    you're of course entitled to your opinion about this opening, but it does not matter if you think it is good or not, all that matters is if i can find enough people to play a thematic tournament with it
  9. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    05 Sep '06 10:36
    Originally posted by coentje
    Are there any people interested in starting a thematic tournament at halloween playing only the halloween gambit?
    The easiest way to have the tournament wold be to ask Chriss or Russ. The surest way to have the tourney going would probably be if you would sponsor it 😀
  10. Standard membercoentje
    Plop!
    /dev/null
    Moves
    05 Sep '06 13:43
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    The easiest way to have the tournament wold be to ask Chriss or Russ. The surest way to have the tourney going would probably be if you would sponsor it 😀
    lol, sure if you go give things away people will come a-flocking to what ever it is you are doing, lol

I am just seeing if there is enough interest in it to start with before i contact Russ about setting it up. If there are only a few people interested than there is not much reason in making a whole tournament out of it.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Sep '06 14:14
    Originally posted by coentje
    lol, sure if you go give things away people will come a-flocking to what ever it is you are doing, lol

I am just seeing if there is enough interest in it to start with before i contact Russ about setting it up. If there are only a few people interested than there is not much reason in making a whole tournament out of it.
    i'm sure people would want to play, must thematic tournies end up full, but not everyone who will play looks in the forum so you might not get a lot of people here saying they would be willing to play. although the opening looks a bit stupid to me i would still enter the tournie just to see how badly i got beat.
  12. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    05 Sep '06 15:46
    Originally posted by trevor33
    i'm sure people would want to play, must thematic tournies end up full, but not everyone who will play looks in the forum so you might not get a lot of people here saying they would be willing to play. although the opening looks a bit stupid to me i would still enter the tournie just to see how badly i got beat.
    And probably a lot of people won't read the very extensive analysis to be found at Chessville 😀
  13. Standard membercoentje
    Plop!
    /dev/null
    Moves
    05 Sep '06 19:24
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    And probably a lot of people won't read the very extensive analysis to be found at Chessville 😀
    well for those interested i have a nice 48 page analysis pdf of the gambit 🙂 but that might be a little too much for most 😛
  14. London
    Moves
    05 Sep '06 23:27
  15. Standard membercoentje
    Plop!
    /dev/null
    Moves
    06 Sep '06 18:16
    Originally posted by Freddie2006
    Tournament 267
    cool 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree