1. Standard memberColetti
    W.P. Extraordinaire
    State of Franklin
    Moves
    12 Nov '03 22:39
    Is there a posting someone can point me to that explains how tournaments work? Rules, advancing, how many games at once, games total, etc.
  2. Joined
    19 Aug '02
    Moves
    12 Nov '03 23:24
    This changes from tournament to tournament depending on the style of tournament. But in all tournaments you play each person twice, once for each colour. In all tournaments, it is 3 points for a win and 1 point for a draw.

Right now there is a grand tournament open and a Duel tournament. They work slightly differently. In the Grand tournament everyone plays everyone, and the winner is the peron with the most points. In the Duel tournament, two players play each other and the overall winner advances to the next round, this happens till the last group of players play each other. At that point the winner of the last group is the winner of the tournament.
  3. Standard memberColetti
    W.P. Extraordinaire
    State of Franklin
    Moves
    14 Nov '03 01:56
    What is the effect of group size? I've signed up for a tournament with a group size of 32. Will I be playing 32 games at once? 😲
  4. Copenhagen, Denmark
    Moves
    14 Nov '03 08:53
    Originally posted by Coletti
    What is the effect of group size? I've signed up for a tournament with a group size of 32. Will I be playing 32 games at once? 😲
    Nope, you will be playing two games with all of the other players in the tournament at once, i.e. 62 games at once!! 🙄🙄
  5. Joined
    14 Nov '03
    Moves
    23 Nov '03 18:15
    Hi
    What happens in the Duel Tournament if both players keep even ?
    I guess both go to the next round ? Can somebody confirm ?
    I smell bribes 🙂 Joking ! I love to hear the squirms too much 😉

6. Amsterdam
    Moves
    23 Nov '03 20:10
    Originally posted by Nohup
    Hi
    What happens in the Duel Tournament if both players keep even ?
    I guess both go to the next round ? Can somebody confirm ?
    I smell bribes 🙂 Joking ! I love to hear the squirms too much 😉

Confirmed

Olav

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree