1. Standard membermateulose
    Look, it's a title!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Jan '05 00:24
    Lost my first game, against cludi (2070), real big embarassment, got trouched in 14 moves and was forced to lose the exchange to a queen marauding opening tactic. I played the Caro-Kann, and the dude STILL found a way to use a tactic in the opening on me. LOL! πŸ™„πŸ˜€
  2. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    09 Jan '05 02:393 edits
    Originally posted by flexmore
    2-0 up so far ....thanks to early resignation by omnislash,

and 1 more in the bag:
    i am a pawn up against steveC, so i am winning on material .... and i have position too! my king is dominating the central files πŸ˜•
    my king still holds the centre, but ... steve regained his pawn (i tempted his rook to come down to its seventh rank where it will be vulnerable to attackπŸ˜‰ ) ... then he actually went up a pawn (which opens a line on his kingside, so i can attack his king πŸ˜‰ ) .... careful not to comment on any games in progress Game 872218
  3. Joined
    05 Dec '04
    Moves
    09 Jan '05 02:54
    Well, I just won my second tournament game today and I'm doing fairly good in my others.
  4. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    09 Jan '05 03:03
    Originally posted by Chess Slayer
    Well, I just won my second tournament game today and I'm doing fairly good in my others.
    Game 863469
    this is not a champ. game .... but i am interested ... i cannot fathom why you resigned ....can you please explain it to me ... i am not a very good player.
  5. Joined
    05 Dec '04
    Moves
    09 Jan '05 03:083 edits
    I was overloaded with games and I wanted to make room for more games for my clans. It was not because I was losing [we we're actually tied] and I didn't think I wanted a 14/21 siege board.

I have no regrets unless you guys really wanted me to stay in it? Of course, if I won, then I would have resigned to the next person who challenged me....it's just I have no use for a 14/21 siege board. I didn't realize this till too late.

You're a good enough player, flexmore, to realize that I had no chess reason to resign.
  6. DonationDustnrogers
    Canada'sChamp
    Calgary Alberta
    Moves
    09 Jan '05 07:30
    no offence, but chess slayer had a good reason, no matter what he played he was a pawn down and because of the position, he has to chose either king side or queen side, if he losses the pawn facing his queen he is under a more direct attack...as for the h-pawn if he losses that, soo the g will fall too, meman has a clear adv and i would say eventually wins, a great game though!
  7. Joined
    21 Aug '03
    Moves
    09 Jan '05 15:28
    Originally posted by Dustnrogers
    im doing horrible, 11-3 now, gesshhh i thought id have a better showing, i beat the 1700 rated players and the 1500, but one 1300 beat me and lost to me, so wow! i cant believe i thought i d have a better showing, oh well, im dissapointed!
    <grin> well it made my day ;-)
  8. Joined
    05 Dec '04
    Moves
    09 Jan '05 18:201 edit
    Originally posted by Dustnrogers
    no offence, but chess slayer had a good reason, no matter what he played he was a pawn down and because of the position, he has to chose either king side or queen side, if he losses the pawn facing his queen he is under a more direct at ...[text shortened]... a clear adv and i would say eventually wins, a great game though!
    Yes, dustnrogers is right about that. I'm 4-0 in the 2005 Championship though πŸ™‚
  9. Standard memberTRACKHEAD21
    Total Domination
    Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Jan '05 01:34
    ok Im 8-0 now in jepoardy of actually losing a game. Some type of glitch moved wrong piece, not sure how but second time I've had a glitch. In a thematic tournament I wasn't able to castle and my opponent was but oh well I will fight through. This time it cost me a knight for nothing but against a 1300 player I'll probably still win or draw at worse. I've played a good bit this weekend so am now up in all my other games in the tournament. Guess we'll see what happens with that one bad one.
  10. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    10 Jan '05 01:37
    Originally posted by TRACKHEAD21
    ok Im 8-0 now in jepoardy of actually losing a game. Some type of glitch moved wrong piece, not sure how but second time I've had a glitch. In a thematic tournament I wasn't able to castle and my opponent was but oh well I will fight through. This time it cost me a knight for nothing but against a 1300 player I'll probably still win or draw at worse. ...[text shortened]... up in all my other games in the tournament. Guess we'll see what happens with that one bad one.
    have you looked at ironman's only loss?
  11. Standard memberTRACKHEAD21
    Total Domination
    Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Jan '05 02:10
    Originally posted by flexmore
    have you looked at ironman's only loss?
    i tried to find it but too many darn games to go throgh and its not on his graph anymore. I was guessing it was a move timeout, what happened???
  12. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    10 Jan '05 03:51
    No, it wasn't a move timeout. It's on his puplic games page like 10 or 11 by now I think.
  13. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    10 Jan '05 04:42
    I knew this was in at least 1 other thread. Game 502661. I found that in the chess forum.
  14. Standard memberTRACKHEAD21
    Total Domination
    Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Jan '05 04:53
    Originally posted by GalaxyShield
    I knew this was in at least 1 other thread. Game 502661. I found that in the chess forum.
    thanks galaxy. Interesting game. Things arent looking that bad yet for me.
  15. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    10 Jan '05 14:26
    Yup, no problem, happy to help πŸ™‚. I wonder how long it's gonna be before IronMan loses another game πŸ˜•.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree