1. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    18 Nov '03 04:50
    how many games will i play? who do we play how many rounds? how should i be able to find these details? what am i in for?
  2. Standard memberSirLoseALot
    Shut Gorohoviy!
    Moves
    18 Nov '03 07:03
    Originally posted by flexmore
    how many games will i play? who do we play how many rounds? how should i be able to find these details? what am i in for?
    I assume you're talking about the 'Having fun?' tourney.The group size is two,so it's a duel.
  3. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    18 Nov '03 07:19
    i am sry, a duel? so it only creates 2 extra games in play for me?
  4. Standard memberSirLoseALot
    Shut Gorohoviy!
    Moves
    18 Nov '03 07:28
    i am sry, a duel? so it only creates 2 extra games in play for me?
    Yup.And if you win,you go through to the next round and get another two games.Neat,huh? :-}
  5. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    18 Nov '03 07:47
    do you then play opponents with the same no. of wins? i guess that is where the "random" comes in............ if so then what is "original"?
  6. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    18 Nov '03 08:05
    oops just saw the other "how do they work" thread. thanku sirwinalot for yr patience on the board and in the forums. u n yr roox :-O
  7. Standard memberSirLoseALot
    Shut Gorohoviy!
    Moves
    19 Nov '03 05:42
    You're welcome!I always try to help out,if I can. 🙂
  8. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    19 Nov '03 07:04
    If the prior tournaments are any indication, you're in for a tournament that will last approximately 5 years. I'm not joking. It has taken a year for the first Long Haul tournament to make it a round and a half. Since that Fun tournament, like the Long Haul tournaments, has a 14-day TO period, you can expect to finish up sometime in 2008-9. All it takes is a pair of players to both take the full 14-days between their moves for a single game to run for 2+ years. So, have fun in the fun tournament!
  9. Spokane, WA
    Moves
    19 Nov '03 12:12
    That's about the only reason I don't mind getting beat out all the time 😵
  10. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    19 Nov '03 16:33
    Originally posted by ncrosby
    That's about the only reason I don't mind getting beat out all the time 😵
    I understand people want smaller tournaments in future, and this will happen. This tournament is too large as it is, but originally a 500 person tournament was requested! 🙄

-Russ
  11. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    19 Nov '03 21:38
    when the group size is larger does that mean that only the best player from the group gets to the next round? or only unluckiest gets knocked out.
    if it was just only the luckiest one getting through then we can have very large tournaments: huge tournaments. and if the group size shrunk by one as the rounds progressed, finishing on just two for the final round. then bbarr can you work out the maths? we might all be happy!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree