1. Domincan Republic
    Moves
    13 Sep '06 21:55
    Of course I understand that tournaments on this site are for subs only, but as I saw in other thread, I supouse there were for non subs, and I also understand that then subs will fell that they are paying their money for nothing, and also that it is one of the ways to make people pay for subscription, and also that it involves work from moderators and also Russ to create it and everything.

But maybe there is a way to remove somethig so that tournaments for non subs are not the same as for subs, maybe if there was only one in a certain period of time and that it is very dificult to enter, so that subscribers can say the pay their money because they can enter a tournament at all times in the year.

It could also be limited to fewer people so that it is really dificult to get into one.

The point is that there are people in this site who love chess and would like to enter a tournament in CC but because of economical limitations can not pay.

After I found red hot pawn my interst in the game Has awakened, and I am even creating a new club in my town to motivate the players around here, so I thank RHP a lot even if this is not posible.

Thanks for reading.
  2. Standard memberHindstein
    Finish Him!!!
    Chess Club HQ
    Moves
    13 Sep '06 23:431 edit
    I think that there has only been one or two tournaments for non-sibs in over 5 years of the running of the site. And then, they were used as a recruitment drive. I don't think that it generated as much interest or take up as Russ would have liked.

As it stands, tournaments (with the clans and sieges) are extra features for subscribers only - think of it as bonus for supporting the site financially. Considering you can subscribe for as little as $5.95 for one month (£3.50), I think that this is a small amount to pay for a lot of extras.

I did it for the extra games, but now I lead a successful clan and am holding (losing) a siege board... 🙂

Try it for a month and see!
  3. Domincan Republic
    Moves
    14 Sep '06 04:10
    Originally posted by Hindstein
    I think that there has only been one or two tournaments for non-sibs in over 5 years of the running of the site. And then, they were used as a recruitment drive. I don't think that it generated as much interest or take up as Russ would have liked.

As it stands, tournaments (with the clans and sieges) are extra features for subscribers only - think of ...[text shortened]... ad a successful clan and am holding (losing) a siege board... 🙂

Try it for a month and see!
    Maybe i can try for a month but after that if i like it I will not be able to pay the years subscription, and It is worst to be paying every month, imagine that we(four people) who are starting a club to encorage young players to learn and play for free, are looking for sponsorship to buy the boards an pieces of the club, I think god(mainly my mother) will punish me if i take that amount of money to subscribe in a chess site.

But if it doesnt generate the interest then.....lets keep waiting for a miracle.
  4. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    14 Sep '06 12:39
    Originally posted by Superman
    Of course I understand that tournaments on this site are for subs only, but as I saw in other thread, I supouse there were for non subs, and I also understand that then subs will fell that they are paying their money for nothing, and also that it is one of the ways to make people pay for subscription, and also that it involves work from moderators and also ...[text shortened]... he players around here, so I thank RHP a lot even if this is not posible.

Thanks for reading.
    There are other sites that allow tournaments to non subs.

A quick google search .....
  5. Joined
    02 Apr '06
    Moves
    25 Sep '06 19:42
    Originally posted by adramforall
    There are other sites that allow tournaments to non subs.

A quick google search .....
    careful - people may get the wrong idea......
  6. Standard membercludi
    Blogger
    Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Sep '06 20:23
    Originally posted by snowinscotland
    careful - people may get the wrong idea......
    Let them try if they want to - I bet they'll come runnning back to Red Hot Pawn very soon 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree