1. Standard memberVarg
    Thinking...
    Odersfelt
    Moves
    17 Apr '03 01:21
    I'm the first to join 🙂
    But I'm still playing it's a knockout IV.
    My opponent seems to have disappeared, if he's not careful he'll get an automatic timeout. Not a very satisfying way to enter the next round 🙁
  2. Steelers Country
    Moves
    17 Apr '03 02:36
    Originally posted by Varg
    I'm the first to join 🙂
    But I'm still playing it's a knockout IV.
    My opponent seems to have disappeared, if he's not careful he'll get an automatic timeout. Not a very satisfying way to enter the next round 🙁
    I just joined.
    How would you like it if there where a Quickfire/Knockout Tounament?
    groups of two but only one day to move, maby call it QuickOut or KnockFire?😉

In real tounaments dont they give you a limited time to move and if you dont your timed out? If so it would be the same here, so dont feel bad.
  3. Standard memberVarg
    Thinking...
    Odersfelt
    Moves
    17 Apr '03 12:57
    Originally posted by UncleAdam
    I just joined.
    How would you like it if there where a Quickfire/Knockout Tounament?
    groups of two but only one day to move, maby call it QuickOut or KnockFire?😉

In real tounaments dont they give you a limited time to move and if you dont your timed out? If so it would be the same here, so dont feel bad.
    A Quickfire Knockout would be a fine idea 🙂
    I'm not feeling too bad about him being timed out, it's just that to get through to the next round of a tournament would be a real acheivement for me (and a first), so to do it this way is not quite the same.
  4. Joined
    15 Aug '02
    Moves
    17 Apr '03 16:10
    so, does anyone know if this one is going to have randomised pairings? I hope so.😉
  5. Steelers Country
    Moves
    17 Apr '03 16:17
    Originally posted by jscar
    so, does anyone know if this one is going to have randomised pairings? I hope so.😉
    If they do I might have a chance to get to the next round, if not I'm going to get a high-rated player and not have a chance.
  6. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    17 Apr '03 19:14
    I'm just happy to finally find a tourney I can enter. Should be fun.
  7. Joined
    17 Apr '03
    Moves
    22 Apr '03 21:41
    It doesn't seem very fair the way the opponents are picked for this tournament. It seems every low player has too play a high player in the first round. I realise that some of these lower ranked players may be very good, as they are new here. But, it is a shame for the rest of us, who might get hammered in the first round. If it was randomly picked then the lower players might have a chance to at least get out of the first round.
  8. Joined
    20 Feb '02
    Moves
    23 Apr '03 10:57
    Originally posted by Moonietx
    It doesn't seem very fair the way the opponents are picked for this tournament. It seems every low player has too play a high player in the first round. I realise that some of these lower ranked players may be very good, as they are new here. But, it is a shame for the rest of us, who might get hammered in the first round. If it was randomly picked then the lower players might have a chance to at least get out of the first round.
    Thats how most knock out competitions worh though, the best player plays the worst, the second best the second worst. The competition is set up so the best players meet in the later stages. Unfortunately it is not about being fair. I know I am not going to win it but I still play for the fun of taking part.

The only downside is if you are the weakest player and you beat the highest rated player you get no reward in the next round.

Andrew

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree