1. Joined
    20 Jun '03
    Moves
    15 Jun '05 20:52
    Now the Summer vacation time is shortly to be upon us I am sure there are many players looking forward to a relaxing holiday. It seems to me that I cannot enter any tournaments with under 14 days timebanks as I would be timed out if my holiday extended over a fortnight. How about a series of tournaments with 21 day timebanks?
  2. Standard memberRavello
    The RudeĀ©
    who knows?
    Moves
    15 Jun '05 20:58
    Originally posted by jayaitch
    Now the Summer vacation time is shortly to be upon us I am sure there are many players looking forward to a relaxing holiday. It seems to me that I cannot enter any tournaments with under 14 days timebanks as I would be timed out if my holiday extended over a fortnight. How about a series of tournaments with 21 day timebanks?
    What's the point?

If you're going on vacation just don't enter any tournament.
  3. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    16 Jun '05 03:06
    You just missed the Long Haul Split XXIII (21/21) tournament. Sucks to be you.
  4. Standard memberorfeo
    Paralysed analyst
    On a ship of fools
    Moves
    16 Jun '05 11:21
    What are you doing playing chess on summer vacation? Get outdoors. Leave the sitting in front of the computer to those of us in the depths of winter.
  5. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    16 Jun '05 11:53
    Originally posted by orfeo
    What are you doing playing chess on summer vacation? Get outdoors. Leave the sitting in front of the computer to those of us in the depths of winter.
    While it is at least twenty degrees Celsius...?
  6. Standard memberorfeo
    Paralysed analyst
    On a ship of fools
    Moves
    17 Jun '05 11:49
    Originally posted by Aiko
    While it is at least twenty degrees Celsius...?
    Sorry, where is it 20? I'm currently getting maximum daily temperatures of 12.
  7. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    17 Jun '05 13:07
    Oh...
    And I thought in Australia or New Zealand it is always warm...
  8. Joined
    20 Jun '03
    Moves
    17 Jun '05 19:17
    Missed the last 21/21. Went out for the day ad the tournamnet was put up and filled by the time I got back. Yeah, why play games while on vacation? Exactly my point. Some tournies take so long to progress from round to round that a game started in March, with say 7/14 could start its second round while I am on holday and I lose all my games on automatic timeout.
  9. Joined
    22 Apr '05
    Moves
    18 Jun '05 02:26
    Not to worry though. There is always the next Long Haul tournament so just watch out for it. But since on vacation, why not do something else? Just a a suggestion though.

10. Standard memberorfeo
    Paralysed analyst
    On a ship of fools
    Moves
    18 Jun '05 13:05
    Originally posted by Aiko
    Oh...
    And I thought in Australia or New Zealand it is always warm...
    Australia is almost the same size as the whole of Europe. There's a lot of variation. It's still 30 degrees in Darwin, but that's a loooong way away from here!
  11. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    18 Jun '05 23:20
    Originally posted by orfeo
    Australia is almost the same size as the whole of Europe. There's a lot of variation. It's still 30 degrees in Darwin, but that's a loooong way away from here!
    And New Zealand is another country altogether. It's 4 degrees (celcius) here right now.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree