Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Tournaments Forum

Tournaments Forum

1. 19 May '05 17:52
    I tip my hat to the kind sponsors of the LTBHA I and II tourneys!

GAME(s) ON!!!!! 😀
  2. 19 May '05 18:02
    Originally posted by eagles54
    I tip my hat to the kind sponsors of the LTBHA I and II tourneys!

GAME(s) ON!!!!! 😀
    I concur! Great job!
  3. 19 May '05 21:01
    Yeah good job. I enter any sponsored tournie, no matter how unlikely the odds of me winning... 😀
  4. Subscriber dinc168
    no where man
    20 May '05 17:35
    Amazing how some can't read though.
  5. Standard member MIODude
    me, not you
    20 May '05 18:25 / 1 edit
    Thats alright.. Russ advised that when he starts the tournaments, he will ensure that only one tournament each is entered in. I'm not sure how he'll decide who stays in which, so.. its recommended to make the choice you prefer.
    Thanks guys,
    MIODude

... I'm assuming thats what you were talking about right?
    The reason I did this , is I didn't want to provide 2 gifts to the same person possibly.. We have some people that if they entered both, they would have an excellent chance at that happening
  6. Subscriber dinc168
    no where man
    21 May '05 06:46
    Originally posted by MIODude
    The reason I did this , is I didn't want to provide 2 gifts to the same person possibly.. We have some people that if they entered both, they would have an excellent chance at that happening
    yup
  7. 22 May '05 16:55
    Originally posted by MIODude
    Thats alright.. Russ advised that when he starts the tournaments, he will ensure that only one tournament each is entered in. I'm not sure how he'll decide who stays in which, so.. its recommended to make the choice you prefer.
    Thanks guys,
    MIODude

The reason I did this , is I didn't want ...[text shortened]... ave some people that if they entered both, they would have an excellent chance at that happening
    I just hope they start up. Let everyone play, but second place gets the prize in a double winner situation. I just want to get into the games.
  8. Standard member MIODude
    me, not you
    22 May '05 17:05
    thats the other reason to limit to one.. if everyone joined both, then they will only get 64 participants in both, but.. if only allowed to enter one tournament, that will allow 128 participants
  9. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    22 May '05 19:26 / 2 edits
    I was amazed. 8 people out of 64 had entered both. 🙄 I had to quickly write a tool to kick them out.

I know there are non-English speakers who use this site, but I suspect a large Flash animation with flashing sirens might be needed next time.....

It is important to remove these people though to give a larger number of people a chance in this excellent sponsored tournament duo.

Thanks to everyone who respected the sponsors wishes, and a big 😛 to everyone else for wasting 30 minutes of my life this Sunday evening.

-Russ

10. Standard member MIODude
    me, not you
    22 May '05 20:13
    Thanks Russ!
  11. Standard member XanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    09 Aug '05 18:59 / 1 edit
    I'm in the lead in the final round of the 0/30.

Go me.
  12. Standard member XanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    14 Aug '05 12:04
    You know I don't even like hockey.
  13. Standard member MIODude
    me, not you
    14 Aug '05 16:24
    Blasphemy!
  14. Standard member MIODude
    me, not you
    14 Aug '05 19:05 / 1 edit
    Tournament 594

Tournament 595

so I don't have to keep searching for them!
  15. Standard member MIODude
    me, not you
    19 Aug '05 22:12
    Looks like GauravV will win tournament 595.. with only 1 game left, win or lose, he cannot be caught. Congrats !