meetup-thing idea

meetup-thing idea

Tournaments

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a

omnipresent

Moves
27 Nov 05

ok, remember the chess version you played at the meetup? For anybody who doesn't know what I'm talking about: You play in teams of 2, and you can put a piece your teammate knocks out and put it on your board.
I know this would probably be very difficult to put into action, but could we have a tourney like that?

wotagr8game

tbc

Moves
27 Nov 05

Originally posted by angie88
ok, remember the chess version you played at the meetup? For anybody who doesn't know what I'm talking about: You play in teams of 2, and you can put a piece your teammate knocks out and put it on your board.
I know this would probably be very difficult to put into action, but could we have a tourney like that?
If it's possible (which i doubt it is), i'm in with bells on!!

a
Enola Straight

mouse mouse mouse

Moves
27 Nov 05

I think it's called bughouse.

It would be tough to put into action because of the programing involved, but also the rule conflicts. Since it's usually played as blitz, one cannot really wait very long to get a piece one wants. But in coorespondence someone could wait a very long time while their partener gets a piece they want. Though this could add an extra layer of strategy, it may make games last for a very long time.

But I'm all for it. It doesn't make sense to me that bughouse should only be played with really short time controls.

TSP
HIT THE LIGHTS

Moves
27 Nov 05

Angie,

I've learned the game in Germany (it's called there tandem which makes kinda sense) ...

I too would love to play it online but personally think that the possibility of this online is zero (for the many facts already stated) ...

You safely back in Germany then my darling ?

Nearing 250000...!

Moves
27 Nov 05

I have played this while still at the 'basisschool' ((pre-)elimentery school it is called in English, I guess). Was a lot of fun, at least back then, fifteen to twenty years ago. Would like to actually play this again.

I think it would be nice if one day a lot of chess variations could be played up here. I realize this is not the first priority, but it could attract a lot of paying members when it is implemented, so well worth the effort of building it I would think and say.

a
Enola Straight

mouse mouse mouse

Moves
27 Nov 05

You can play it at some online chess blitz sites. I know for a fact that US Chess Live has it. I'd imagine that others do too.

a

Moves
27 Nov 05

Isn't there another one, at playsite.com or something where you can do that?

Nearing 250000...!

Moves
27 Nov 05

Originally posted by abejnood
Isn't there another one, at playsite.com or something where you can do that?
But but but but but... I want it up here!

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
27 Nov 05

Transfer Chess (what it's called over here) wouldn't be nearly as fun under non-blitz timecontrols.