Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Tournaments Forum

Tournaments Forum

1. Standard member Lundos
    Back to basics
    05 Dec '10 19:39 / 1 edit
    Sooner would be better...

Thanks.
  2. 05 Dec '10 22:45
    Please!! Please post more tournaments! Why is there such a drought at the moment? I'm mainly on this site for the tournaments but there is nothing lately...
  3. 06 Dec '10 12:33
    Not a single 'December' tournament yet. 🙁

You will need to be quick when they do eventually appear, because they will fill up very quickly.
  4. Standard member Lundos
    Back to basics
    06 Dec '10 15:27
    Well, there's 7 December octets, but that's only for 8 eight persons each obviously. And there's 2 1/0 December splits, but then you have to move each day, which isn't for everybody on the site. Both tournament types require a lot of concurrent games, which isn't for everybody either.

9 tournaments in 6 days isn't a lot. More would be appreciated. Especially different kinds of tournaments.
  5. 06 Dec '10 19:49
    Originally posted by Lundos
    Well, there's 7 December octets, but that's only for 8 eight persons each obviously
    I missed all of those. Maybe I should have followed my own advice, but if I don't blink sometimes then my eyeballs get all dried out. 😞
  6. 06 Dec '10 23:22
    Is it just me or are there much fewer tournaments these days than there were a couple of years ago? Is there a problem with funding this site? Is this site losing it and going downhill? There seems to be a lot of people paying subscriptions, so why so few tournaments?
  7. 07 Dec '10 02:19
    Originally posted by The Sasn
    Is it just me or are there much fewer tournaments these days than there were a couple of years ago? Is there a problem with funding this site? Is this site losing it and going downhill? There seems to be a lot of people paying subscriptions, so why so few tournaments?
    There are far fewer tournaments

2010 1416 tournaments to date
    2009 2014 tournaments
    2008 2222 tournaments
  8. Subscriber Proper Knob
    Cornovii
    07 Dec '10 10:48
    Originally posted by adramforall
    There are far fewer tournaments

[b]2010
    1416 tournaments to date
    2009 2014 tournaments
    2008 2222 tournaments[/b]
    But how many private touraments are there now?

Since clubs were introduced to the site people have been creating their own tournaments.
  9. 07 Dec '10 10:51
    It would be nice to see a few more tournaments for 1200-1300 bunnies like me
  10. 07 Dec '10 14:56
    Using feedback works. I used it to send a message asking for more tournaments. I got reply in 20 minutes and there were more tournaments set up shortly after that. My guess: there are too many forums for the admins to reasonably keep track of all the discussions, but feedback will get noticed. (I've built and run website; I always valued direct feedback highly.)
  11. 09 Dec '10 00:19
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    But how many private touraments are there now?

Since clubs were introduced to the site people have been creating their own tournaments.
    These numbers include the Private Club tournaments created.

It shows that admin are creating fewer tournaments.
  12. 09 Dec '10 00:20
    Originally posted by Nimzo55
    It would be nice to see a few more tournaments for 1200-1300 bunnies like me
    You don't look like a bunny!
  13. 09 Dec '10 04:06
    Originally posted by adramforall
    You don't look like a bunny!
    The ears are under the hat