1. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    01 Mar '15 00:21
    There are public tournaments with confusing names, and there are many different and repetitive names in private tournaments. Check out the profile page of any player with a few wins and you'll see what I mean.

Given that we only have a few characters to work with, does anyone have any suggestions about a naming convention?
  2. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    02 Mar '15 13:591 edit
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    There are public tournaments with confusing names, and there are many different and repetitive names in private tournaments. Check out the profile page of any player with a few wins and you'll see what I mean.

Given that we only have a few characters to work with, does anyone have any suggestions about a naming convention?
    I seem to remember with the old version the tournaments had a number which was displayed at the top of the game page.
    This was much easier to reference and track on a spreadsheet(which is what I do with all of my games)
    I can see the need for names , but why not replace the date bit with the tournament number?e.g 2014 October Glacial Super Casual Banded I 1500-1650 becomes "nnnnnnn"glacial etc.
    After all , who cares when the tournament started.
    The tournament number can be found by going into it and looking on the address line so it's not as if it doesn't exist.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree