1. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    12 Mar '03 15:28
    to keep the discussion above a bit alive:

calculate the average rating in each group!
    Gr1: 1353
    Gr12: 1259
    it's obivous that this is not fair...

BTW: why are there 6 players in the fist groups, and just 5 in the last ones?
  2. DonationChessNut
    Lightly Salted...
    Moves
    14 Mar '03 21:25
    Originally posted by thire
    Oh, yes there are some ways to make it fair:

I let [b]you
    make the groups, but you don't know your rating: When you are smart enough you will make "fair" groups!
    In fact this means what you mentioned above: saying "it's fair" depends on who you are (strong player or young, unexperienced...)! If it does not depend on that the system is fair (Imagi ...[text shortened]... don't complain at all - i just mention thing that could be made in aother (I think better 🙂 ) way!
    Alright toughguy if you want to attack someone for expressing an opinion so be it. All I was trying to say was that no matter how you do it, someone, somewhere, somehow, will think it is not fair. Most likely because they will be matched up with someone better then themselves.

There always is a better way. But it still will be called 'unfair' by someone so give it a rest and enjoy the tournaments as they are.

By the way, your math was quite impressive.😴
  3. Joined
    21 Dec '02
    Moves
    15 Mar '03 22:38
    how do i get started in a tournament?
  4. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    15 Mar '03 22:50
    Originally posted by ELREBIL
    how do i get started in a tournament?
    New tournaments start at different times.

Check the tournament link near the top of the page regularly. Whenever a new tournament is being started, it will appear there at the top of the list. Click on the tournament name link and you will see more details and will be able to join it from there.

Hope this helps.

Marc
  5. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    18 Mar '03 11:39
    Originally posted by ChessNut
    Alright toughguy if you want to attack someone for expressing an opinion so be it

There always is a better way. But it still will be called 'unfair' by someone so give it a rest and enjoy the tournaments as they are.

By the way, your math was quite impressive.😴
    I never wanted to attack you.
    We have different options about something and that's nice - I like this! 😀 We tryed to argue and convince - that's okay, no?

I don't understand why you make fun of some math stuff 🙄 ?!?

I could repeat some arguments but I guess everyone can read our statments if he/she is interested.

Sorry for repling so late, but I wasn't here the weekend and before that I didn't see your posting!
    th
  6. Joined
    25 Nov '02
    Moves
    04 Apr '03 06:44
    I started at RHP after the three month limit but subscribed within the 3 month limit, so I joined the tornament, was I right? What happens when you draw a game?
  7. Joined
    04 Apr '03
    Moves
    04 Apr '03 21:31
    hello all , I'm new there , and I wanna join tournement .
  8. Steelers Country
    Moves
    04 Apr '03 21:34
    Originally posted by ponaparte
    hello all , I'm new there , and I wanna join tournement .
    sorry but you have to have a pawn star (be a paying member) to join a tournement.
  9. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    06 Apr '03 18:06
    Originally posted by elf30
    I started at RHP after the three month limit but subscribed within the 3 month limit, so I joined the tornament, was I right? What happens when you draw a game?
    first Q:
    read the first postings of this thread.

2nd Q:
    you gest just 1 point. for a win you get three...
  10. England
    Moves
    24 Jul '03 13:41
    I've noticed that all the games have finished in the first New Joiners tourny but it hasn't progressed yet. Is the 2nd round going to be started soon? 🙄

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree