Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Tournaments Forum

Tournaments Forum

  1. 02 Feb '04 23:39

    I would appreciate new tournaments with a 7 day timeout. All the new tournaments have a 3 day timeout, not my cup o tea ......

    Please, Russ ...... :'(

  2. Standard member skeeter
    515 + 30 days
    03 Feb '04 07:37
    Originally posted by ivanhoe

    I would appreciate new tournaments with a 7 day timeout. All the new tournaments have a 3 day timeout, not my cup o tea ......

    Please, Russ ...... :'(

    All the new 3 day T/O tourneys now have a 7 day timebank . You'd be OK with that ivanH?

    skeeter
  3. 03 Feb '04 17:59
    Originally posted by skeeter
    All the new 3 day T/O tourneys now have a 7 day timebank . You'd be OK with that ivanH?

    skeeter

    The 7 day timebank doesn't change much. Does it ?

    I'm still sad :'(


  4. Standard member skeeter
    515 + 30 days
    03 Feb '04 18:22
    Originally posted by ivanhoe

    The 7 day timebank doesn't change much. Does it ?

    I'm still sad :'(


    Sure does. When your 3 day T/O comes up , the clock then nibbles away at your timebank until you move and then it's 3 day's again, then timebank etc etc. The timebank doesn't refresh but the 3 days will until you deplete the timebank. So the game is effectively (7 x 3) +3 which = 24 days. Feel better?

    skeeter
  5. 03 Feb '04 23:50 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by skeeter
    Sure does. When your 3 day T/O comes up , the clock then nibbles away at your timebank until you move and then it's 3 day's again, then timebank etc etc. The timebank doesn't refresh but the 3 days will until you deplete the timebank. So ...[text shortened]... is effectively (7 x 3) +3 which = 24 days. Feel better?

    skeeter
    Not really skeeter, but I appreciate your trying :'(

    Maybe Russ can help in this tragic situation ....

  6. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    04 Feb '04 10:36
    Sorted. New 'Grand Split' has 7 day timeout.

    -Russ
  7. 04 Feb '04 22:41 / 1 edit
    Russ,

    There are more people that like a 7 day time out period.

    The tournament has already been fully subscribed !

    A 7 day tournament with a groupsize of 4 or 6 would be very nice .....