Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Tournaments Forum

Tournaments Forum

  1. 03 Jan '07 17:24
    How can you surprise your members / subscribers...
    HAVE A TOURNAMENT FOR NON-SUBSCRIBERS ONLY!!!!!

    Probably just a way to attract non-subscribers to subscribe..
    But still, very very weird!!!
  2. 04 Jan '07 00:02
    it got me to sign up like three years ago...it works!
  3. Standard member Peakite
    Sais
    04 Jan '07 00:20
    But weren't you just about the only one?
  4. Standard member flexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    04 Jan '07 01:15
    maybe they should be bigger and for both subs and non subs?

    any way - it is a good thing ๐Ÿ™‚
  5. 04 Jan '07 05:20
    since its groupings of two, do non-subscribers have to have four game slots available or can they be allowed to go over the 6 game limit just for this?
  6. Standard member MCA
    TokerSmurf
    04 Jan '07 15:06 / 1 edit
    as far as i understand, yes you get to go over the 6 game limit.

    Thread 59525
  7. 04 Jan '07 19:56
    how is it there're so many p1200s in the starless tourney?
  8. Standard member Peakite
    Sais
    04 Jan '07 20:55 / 1 edit
    Presumably the only ones who would think or try to look are either regular forum goers who see the message or newcomers who don't know it's actually such a novelty. A lot could have given up waiting for one.
  9. 04 Jan '07 21:24 / 1 edit
    Ah. Yes, that makes sense... Just thought they would disallow provisional players entry if they're trying to induce subscribers.
  10. 06 Jan '07 17:47
    Originally posted by Peakite
    Presumably the only ones who would think or try to look are either regular forum goers who see the message or newcomers who don't know it's actually such a novelty. A lot could have given up waiting for one.
    That's actually my case. I check the forums from time to time, but not often enough to avoid missing this tournement. And after a while in the site, I gave up checking the tournaments page quite a while ago.

    Have a lot of fun!!
  11. 06 Jan '07 18:00
    no, I have 8 games going on, 2 tournamentgames
  12. 09 Jan '07 18:50
    Originally posted by Amsterdamn
    How can you surprise your members / subscribers...
    HAVE A TOURNAMENT FOR NON-SUBSCRIBERS ONLY!!!!!

    Probably just a way to attract non-subscribers to subscribe..
    But still, very very weird!!!
    strange thought, if a non-sub became a sub during the tournament would they then be eliminated๐Ÿ™„.?
  13. 09 Jan '07 21:22
    Hey all,

    I recently joined this site and wanted to try a tourney before subscribing. Low and behold, I found the mentioned tournament. I have now signed up for the site, and have currently one W and one L after the first round.

    So yeah, lol, it works. And no, to the best of my knowledge I haven't been elminated because of signing up for the site ๐Ÿ˜€
  14. Standard member XanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    09 Jan '07 23:28
    Originally posted by Thundergoat
    Hey all,

    I recently joined this site and wanted to try a tourney before subscribing. Low and behold, I found the mentioned tournament. I have now signed up for the site, and have currently one W and one L after the first round.

    So yeah, lol, it works. And no, to the best of my knowledge I haven't been elminated because of signing up for the site ๐Ÿ˜€
    Lo and behold
  15. 13 Jan '07 17:42
    Originally posted by Gorbatiov
    no, I have 8 games going on, 2 tournamentgames
    When you get down to 6 [icluding the 2 tournament games] you can't go over 6 again. So really the tournament games are just two of your regular 6 - except you can't specify who ,where ,when, etc etc. ๐Ÿ™