New Year Starless Duel

New Year Starless Duel

Tournaments

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A

Amsterdam

Moves
03 Jan 07

How can you surprise your members / subscribers...
HAVE A TOURNAMENT FOR NON-SUBSCRIBERS ONLY!!!!!

Probably just a way to attract non-subscribers to subscribe..
But still, very very weird!!!

T

Moves
04 Jan 07

it got me to sign up like three years ago...it works!

Sais

Berks.

Moves
04 Jan 07

But weren't you just about the only one?

f
Quack Quack Quack !

Chesstralia

Moves
04 Jan 07

maybe they should be bigger and for both subs and non subs?

any way - it is a good thing ๐Ÿ™‚

d

Working in pajamas

Moves
04 Jan 07

since its groupings of two, do non-subscribers have to have four game slots available or can they be allowed to go over the 6 game limit just for this?

TokerSmurf

Bonnie Scotland

Moves
04 Jan 07
1 edit

as far as i understand, yes you get to go over the 6 game limit.

Thread 59525

p

Moves
04 Jan 07

how is it there're so many p1200s in the starless tourney?

Sais

Berks.

Moves
04 Jan 07
1 edit

Presumably the only ones who would think or try to look are either regular forum goers who see the message or newcomers who don't know it's actually such a novelty. A lot could have given up waiting for one.

p

Moves
04 Jan 07
1 edit

Ah. Yes, that makes sense... Just thought they would disallow provisional players entry if they're trying to induce subscribers.

f

Moves
06 Jan 07

Originally posted by Peakite
Presumably the only ones who would think or try to look are either regular forum goers who see the message or newcomers who don't know it's actually such a novelty. A lot could have given up waiting for one.
That's actually my case. I check the forums from time to time, but not often enough to avoid missing this tournement. And after a while in the site, I gave up checking the tournaments page quite a while ago.

Have a lot of fun!!

G

Ghent, Belgium

Moves
06 Jan 07

no, I have 8 games going on, 2 tournamentgames

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Jan 07

Originally posted by Amsterdamn
How can you surprise your members / subscribers...
HAVE A TOURNAMENT FOR NON-SUBSCRIBERS ONLY!!!!!

Probably just a way to attract non-subscribers to subscribe..
But still, very very weird!!!
strange thought, if a non-sub became a sub during the tournament would they then be eliminated๐Ÿ™„.?

T

Keene, NH

Moves
09 Jan 07

Hey all,

I recently joined this site and wanted to try a tourney before subscribing. Low and behold, I found the mentioned tournament. I have now signed up for the site, and have currently one W and one L after the first round.

So yeah, lol, it works. And no, to the best of my knowledge I haven't been elminated because of signing up for the site ๐Ÿ˜€

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
09 Jan 07

Originally posted by Thundergoat
Hey all,

I recently joined this site and wanted to try a tourney before subscribing. Low and behold, I found the mentioned tournament. I have now signed up for the site, and have currently one W and one L after the first round.

So yeah, lol, it works. And no, to the best of my knowledge I haven't been elminated because of signing up for the site ๐Ÿ˜€
Lo and behold

DS

Moves
13 Jan 07

Originally posted by Gorbatiov
no, I have 8 games going on, 2 tournamentgames
When you get down to 6 [icluding the 2 tournament games] you can't go over 6 again. So really the tournament games are just two of your regular 6 - except you can't specify who ,where ,when, etc etc. ๐Ÿ™