1. Behind you...
    Moves
    30 May '05 08:36
    Does anyone here actually use the Notebook feature in their games? With my gameload going up day by day, I've found myself losing track of what my objective was in a lot of games, so recently it's been a big help to me, even if I only need to type in "qside a" for queenside attack or a quick combo that I might forget. I'd be impressed if any of the top 20 players on this site didn't use this feature.....

-Kev
  2. Earth Prime
    Moves
    30 May '05 23:21
    I do, although I often go several moves without updating it. I have a good memory though.
  3. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    31 May '05 03:321 edit
    Originally posted by seraphimvulture
    Does anyone here actually use the Notebook feature in their games? With my gameload going up day by day, I've found myself losing track of what my objective was in a lot of games, so recently it's been a big help to me, even if I ...[text shortened]... layers on this site didn't use this feature.....

-Kev
    I remember what is happening in my games by writing down ideas and notes on scrap paper next to my computer.
    Of course this has lead to problems where I've attempted to play at uni without these notes and suffered because of it.

Some positions can be almost as baffling as why this is in tournaments without notes of some kind.
  4. omnipresent
    Moves
    31 May '05 16:50
    Does anyone here actually use the Notebook feature in their games? With my gameload going up day by day, I've found myself losing track of what my objective was in a lot of games, so recently it's been a big help to me, even if I only need to type in "qside a" for queenside attack or a quick combo that I might forget. I'd be impressed if any of the top 20 players on this site didn't use this feature.....

-Kev
    I use it when I actually have a train of thought... doesn't happen too often, but I've just won several games in a row and I had notes in all of them. eg. in one I spotted a mate in five.... I was so proud of myself I couldn't let myself forget that 😀
    I also like to use it when one of my pieces is threatened but I make another move first, so I don't just forget about it 😉

I have come to love the notebook feature 😀 (also good for self-motivation 😀)
  5. Behind you...
    Moves
    31 May '05 19:381 edit
    Originally posted by angie88

I have come to love the notebook feature 😀 (also good for self-motivation 😀)
    lol Yes, I've noticed that too. I used it once in a game in the finals of a tourney on here that I really wanted to win. I believe I had something along the lines of "This is your tournament to win, or your tournament to lose. Your choice.".... Heavy stuff. 🙂 I played my absolute best in that game though, and eventually came to win that game and the tourney! 😀

Maybe I should try that again in the near future..... hmph.

-Kev
  6. Joined
    21 Oct '04
    Moves
    03 Jun '05 23:461 edit
    I use the notebook all the time, a couple days ago I accidently pressed "message your opponnet" instead of "notebook" and gave away my whole plan, I had a indirect rook sacrafice for CM in 3, out of all the games why did it have to be that one? 🙁
  7. Joined
    30 Sep '04
    Moves
    04 Jun '05 12:20
    Originally posted by flyUnity
    I use the notebook all the time, a couple days ago I accidently pressed "message your opponnet" instead of "notebook" and gave away my whole plan, I had a indirect rook sacrafice for CM in 3, out of all the games why did it have to be that one? 🙁
    I did that against someone, I got a message back"I presume you want to move your rook to E4, since mine won't go there !!!"

Made me laugh for ages, dopey mare. 😛
  8. Standard memberKingH
    Tha KingH
    front of the board
    Moves
    08 Jun '05 04:57
    wanna hear a funny story? A friend of mine (rather good player actualy) was noting down his strategy.... after hitting his "move" he saw in the next window he typed his strategy in the message window...... OOOps :-)
    in the end he still won... but the game was somewhat more difficult hahaha.
  9. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    08 Jun '05 11:14
    Happened to me once (or twice), using the message function instead of the notebook. I am very happy most people here do not understand Dutch at all.
  10. Standard memberorfeo
    Paralysed analyst
    On a ship of fools
    Moves
    08 Jun '05 13:16
    I use the notebook every now and then. Sometimes I realise 20 moves later that I haven't changed it, and the instructions to myself are utterly mystifying.
  11. Joined
    07 Jun '05
    Moves
    08 Jun '05 16:29

-Kev
    only when i have mate
  12. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    03 Jul '05 12:261 edit
    I've done that - In this game Game 839358 on move 9 I made the "notebook" entry: "Probably worth castling first, but use b5-b4 to dislodge his centre pawn." and my opponent messaged back thanks for the warning and stopped me playing b5-b4. In the meantime I found a better move, but couldn't play it immediately as it could have looked like sharp practice. I stopped using the notebook feature for a while as a result. The way to avoid it is to move first, and then make your notes, that way you can't accidentally tell your opponent what you are up to.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree