Out of timebank

Out of timebank

Tournaments

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
05 Mar 11

I'm in a banded hardcore grand , timebank 21 days. My oponent is several days out of timebank and i can't claim a win.And now my timebank is running out
What should i do

Australia

Moves
05 Mar 11

If it's Game 8120135 you're talking about, it's your move. You have to make a move to stop your timeclock and get his started again. Then you should have a skull to click.

Moves
05 Mar 11

thanks a lot

a

THORNINYOURSIDE

Moves
06 Mar 11

Originally posted by Kewpie
If it's Game 8120135 you're talking about, it's your move. You have to make a move to stop your timeclock and get his started again. Then you should have a skull to click.
Thats 100% game in progress help. Terrible, terrible advice as that player has now received third party assistance for a game in progress.

r
the walrus

an English garden

Moves
06 Mar 11

Originally posted by adramforall
Thats 100% game in progress help. Terrible, terrible advice as that player has now received third party assistance for a game in progress.
No, it was advice on how the site operates. In OTB, you can claim a win even if it is your move so this is absolutely acceptable as it's a process issue and not a game issue.

Moves
07 Mar 11

my dear friends ,

don't argue my opponent isn't following the rules , so he should be banned out of the tournament

a

THORNINYOURSIDE

Moves
08 Mar 11

Originally posted by randolph
No, it was advice on how the site operates. In OTB, you can claim a win even if it is your move so this is absolutely acceptable as it's a process issue and not a game issue.
Originally posted by Mon
I'm in a banded hardcore grand , timebank 21 days. My oponent is several days out of timebank and i can't claim a win.And now my timebank is running out
What should i do

A specific question about how to progress the game as he does not know what to do

Originally posted by Kewpie

A specific answer about how to progress the game

A better response would have been that they can only claim the win when the skull shows.

Has the OP not moved and their timebank been reduced to 0, then it is possible that his opponent could have come back at some point, seen a skull and claimed the win.

As such the advice given has directly allowed a player to win a game, that they were unsure of how to do so.

That is, IMO, third party assistance.

Moves
08 Mar 11

But the skull doesn't show because his vacation flag is out, but he keeps on playing

I stick to my conclusion: I won the game

Houston, Texas

Moves
09 Mar 11

Originally posted by Mon
But the skull doesn't show because his vacation flag is out, but he keeps on playing

I stick to my conclusion: I won the game
You can't timeout on vacation.

I did notice that game was lost for you. Good you got the timeout.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
06 Apr 11

I would really prefer a system in which the timout in tournaments, especially in timebank only tournaments would be automatic.

a

THORNINYOURSIDE

Moves
11 Apr 11

Originally posted by Ponderable
I would really prefer a system in which the timout in tournaments, especially in timebank only tournaments would be automatic.
It is!

Tournament games time out automatically 2 days after the timeout period expires. Games can not be reinstated.

Keeps

Shanghai

Moves
01 May 11

In timebank only tournaments you can be at a disadvantage depending on the timezone you live in. There is an inherent unfairness.

R
CerebrallyChallenged

Lyme BayChesil Beach

Moves
01 May 11
1 edit

Originally posted by deriver69
In timebank only tournaments you can be at a disadvantage depending on the timezone you live in. There is an inherent unfairness.
Perhaps I misunderstand but time bank is controlled entirely by yourself, you start it by default and you run down the clock..your opposition likewise, I can only see a tenuous link to the time zones ....tournament start times are more time zone 'sensitive' being as most, if not all, start GMT am...perhaps this is the concern as regard time bank only affairs..