Tournaments Forum

Tournaments Forum

  1. Joined
    09 Jan '07
    Moves
    91094
    05 Mar '11 07:13
    I'm in a banded hardcore grand , timebank 21 days. My oponent is several days out of timebank and i can't claim a win.And now my timebank is running out
    What should i do
  2. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Joined
    20 Jan '09
    Moves
    338017
    05 Mar '11 07:55
    If it's Game 8120135 you're talking about, it's your move. You have to make a move to stop your timeclock and get his started again. Then you should have a skull to click.
  3. Joined
    09 Jan '07
    Moves
    91094
    05 Mar '11 08:31
    thanks a lot
  4. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Joined
    04 Sep '04
    Moves
    245624
    06 Mar '11 13:04
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    If it's Game 8120135 you're talking about, it's your move. You have to make a move to stop your timeclock and get his started again. Then you should have a skull to click.
    Thats 100% game in progress help. Terrible, terrible advice as that player has now received third party assistance for a game in progress.
  5. Standard memberrandolph
    the walrus
    an English garden
    Joined
    15 Jan '08
    Moves
    32836
    06 Mar '11 15:05
    Originally posted by adramforall
    Thats 100% game in progress help. Terrible, terrible advice as that player has now received third party assistance for a game in progress.
    No, it was advice on how the site operates. In OTB, you can claim a win even if it is your move so this is absolutely acceptable as it's a process issue and not a game issue.
  6. Joined
    09 Jan '07
    Moves
    91094
    07 Mar '11 20:51
    my dear friends ,

    don't argue my opponent isn't following the rules , so he should be banned out of the tournament
  7. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Joined
    04 Sep '04
    Moves
    245624
    08 Mar '11 13:06
    Originally posted by randolph
    No, it was advice on how the site operates. In OTB, you can claim a win even if it is your move so this is absolutely acceptable as it's a process issue and not a game issue.
    Originally posted by Mon
    I'm in a banded hardcore grand , timebank 21 days. My oponent is several days out of timebank and i can't claim a win.And now my timebank is running out
    What should i do


    A specific question about how to progress the game as he does not know what to do

    Originally posted by Kewpie
    If it's Game 8120135 you're talking about, it's your move. You have to make a move to stop your timeclock and get his started again. Then you should have a skull to click.

    A specific answer about how to progress the game

    A better response would have been that they can only claim the win when the skull shows.

    Has the OP not moved and their timebank been reduced to 0, then it is possible that his opponent could have come back at some point, seen a skull and claimed the win.

    As such the advice given has directly allowed a player to win a game, that they were unsure of how to do so.

    That is, IMO, third party assistance.
  8. Joined
    09 Jan '07
    Moves
    91094
    08 Mar '11 19:59
    But the skull doesn't show because his vacation flag is out, but he keeps on playing

    I stick to my conclusion: I won the game
  9. Houston, Texas
    Joined
    28 Sep '10
    Moves
    14347
    09 Mar '11 00:31
    Originally posted by Mon
    But the skull doesn't show because his vacation flag is out, but he keeps on playing

    I stick to my conclusion: I won the game
    You can't timeout on vacation.

    I did notice that game was lost for you. Good you got the timeout.
  10. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Joined
    22 Apr '05
    Moves
    554921
    06 Apr '11 16:09
    I would really prefer a system in which the timout in tournaments, especially in timebank only tournaments would be automatic.
  11. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Joined
    04 Sep '04
    Moves
    245624
    11 Apr '11 01:12
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    I would really prefer a system in which the timout in tournaments, especially in timebank only tournaments would be automatic.
    It is!

    Tournament games time out automatically 2 days after the timeout period expires. Games can not be reinstated.
  12. Shanghai
    Joined
    16 Feb '06
    Moves
    119262
    01 May '11 12:33
    In timebank only tournaments you can be at a disadvantage depending on the timezone you live in. There is an inherent unfairness.
  13. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Joined
    09 Dec '06
    Moves
    17848
    01 May '11 17:571 edit
    Originally posted by deriver69
    In timebank only tournaments you can be at a disadvantage depending on the timezone you live in. There is an inherent unfairness.
    Perhaps I misunderstand but time bank is controlled entirely by yourself, you start it by default and you run down the clock..your opposition likewise, I can only see a tenuous link to the time zones ....tournament start times are more time zone 'sensitive' being as most, if not all, start GMT am...perhaps this is the concern as regard time bank only affairs..
Back to Top