1. Standard memberwindmill
    your king.
    Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Nov '05 09:40
    Originally posted by TRACKHEAD21
    [b]I thought about that but even down a valuable piece I think i would beat anyone in that tournament anyway.
    Well....prove it.
  2. Standard memberTRACKHEAD21
    Total Domination
    Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Nov '05 18:04
    Originally posted by windmill
    Patience may help you.If you just wait till the others in your pool finish and then equal the winners total then that would be the best of the bad situation u made....then in the final round just throw away what you consider to be a fair game.I wouldn't have a prob. with that.However i do have a problem with the fact that it has affected the games of some ...[text shortened]... lessons to those who would like some as i think it's the right thing 4 u to do?What do u think?
    I always gladly give pointers to anyone who wans them plus many learn from the games on there own. Look at cludi for example. Beat him like 5 games in a row and then he drew me in our last game and now is rated pretty nicely, would think I would find it hard beating him now. I'm not gonna put myself down a piece and then play, if I win as expected I would still be beating people whether or not I gave them a big chance. At worse, i'd draw. No desire to win any games in the final round.
  3. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    29 Nov '05 18:17
    You have my blessing continueing in the banded tournament if you give your queen away withiin the first ten moves in all matches. That would actually make it all interesting, I think...!
  4. Standard memberTRACKHEAD21
    Total Domination
    Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Nov '05 21:28
    Originally posted by Aiko
    You have my blessing continueing in the banded tournament if you give your queen away withiin the first ten moves in all matches. That would actually make it all interesting, I think...!
    hmmm, would people actually like to see this??? Me against 3 1400ish players giving away my queen within the first 10 moves??
  5. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    29 Nov '05 21:36
    If people take sides, I think the answer is yes. I would keep an eye on that tournament. But then again, I am not playing that final. I bet I would think otherwise if that would be the case.
  6. Standard memberwindmill
    your king.
    Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Nov '05 22:45
    hmmm, would people actually like to see this??? Me against 3 1400ish players giving away my queen within the first 10 moves??
    Yes....i think it would be good and also it could be a poss.for future tournaments as then there would not be such a big gap between some people here.I think tournaments like this would do the community good as it's possible to also show up some of those people we dislike-a.k.a.intelegent comp. life....as sometimes a diff. view adds more to that mathematical equation.
    Mabey u would like to sacrifice your king.I'm certain i would beat you then!....with ease.
  7. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    29 Nov '05 23:181 edit
    Originally posted by THICKHEAD21
    I'll play you AND beat you if you lose your queen in ten moves....and I'm only on a low rating.

And; no matter how good at chess someone is supposed to be does not necessarily make them any use as a teacher.
  8. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    30 Nov '05 01:07
    Resign your games in the next round as you said you would.
  9. Standard memberTRACKHEAD21
    Total Domination
    Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Nov '05 19:18
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    Resign your games in the next round as you said you would.
    I am, but I am going to challenge dr stranglove to a set piece game with me without a queen.
  10. Standard memberwindmill
    your king.
    Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Dec '05 23:57
    In the Monster Mash which you entered knowing full well that you are not of the 1300-1500 rating....so i would like to see you send a personal PM of apology to those in the first pool.Also i would like to see you continue to the final round and take the advice of Akido.I don't think you would be good enogh to win that tournament given the above.I see you enjoy a challenge....so why not accept this one?
  11. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    02 Dec '05 10:052 edits
    Originally posted by windmill
    .... I see you enjoy a challenge....so why not accept this one?
    i think this is a nice challenge .. but it still wrecks the tournament ...TRACK can face a nice challenge without treading on toes ... give us some time to formulate the appropriate tournament and lets talk to russ ...

perhaps: a regular tournament just like all grouped random tournaments ... but the higher rated player in each game has a missing knight ... what do you think?

it could be quite bizarre!!!!

players like TRACK would always be playing a piece down ... lower rated players would always be playing a piece up ... and some of us would be a bit of both.
  12. Standard memberwindmill
    your king.
    Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Dec '05 10:22
    Originally posted by flexmore
    i think this is a nice challenge .. but it still wrecks the tournament ...TRACK can face a nice challenge without treading on toes ... give us some time to formulate the appropriate tournament and lets talk to russ ...

perhaps: a regular tournament just like all grouped random tournaments ... but the higher rated player in each game has a missing knight ...[text shortened]... ower rated players would always be playing a piece up ... and some of us would be a bit of both.
    O.K.
  13. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    02 Dec '05 15:03
    Not really. People would far prefered if you had not entered tournament for mere mortal chess players, who are way below your playing ability.

Now that you are more or less back to your "normalish" rating why not take a simple piece of advice which will prevent this from happening again.

Limit your games to around 20, and play only players within 200 points of your current rating. That way your rating should not fall too badly if and when you decide to take your next timeout period.

Then again if you did that you would not have the gratification of coming back and beating up on people 600+ points below your ability, and boasting (why as it's not much of an achievement) about it in the forums.

I would say congratulations on achieving your high rating once again but as it was a forgone conclusion I won't bother.
  14. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    02 Dec '05 15:18
    Originally posted by flexmore

perhaps: a regular tournament just like all grouped random tournaments ... but the higher rated player in each game has a missing knight ...[text shortened]... ower rated players would always be playing a piece up ... and some of us would be a bit of both.
    will you suggest that to Russ please (or found a new threa at Site Ideas 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree