Progression to next round

Progression to next round

Tournaments

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Tao Temple

Moves
31 Jan 09

Is the pairing random?
If you and your opponent both go through, is there a chance you'll get each other again in the next round?

(P.S. I'd like it if then there's an odd number going through, the ringer (i.e. rated 300 above the tournament band) is kicked out instead of making a threesome!)

JoR
Scotch addict

Moves
31 Jan 09

In Tournament 1528, cdeloos and branc0 left the site sometime after their games in round 2. Since then they have progressed through rounds 3, 4 and 5 by being randomly paired against each other and getting one win by timeout...

a

THORNINYOURSIDE

Moves
31 Jan 09

Originally posted by John of Reading
In Tournament 1528, cdeloos and branc0 left the site sometime after their games in round 2. Since then they have progressed through rounds 3, 4 and 5 by being randomly paired against each other and getting one win by timeout...
Wow, AWOL and still progressing.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
31 Jan 09

This idiotic result would have been avoided if my Site Idea had been implemented: http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?subject=Tied_Players_Advancing_in_Tourneys&threadid=106743

The Tao Temple

Moves
31 Jan 09

Thanks for answering my question, and with such a dramatic example!

c
Grammar Nazi

Auschwitz

Moves
31 Jan 09

Wow. So what happens if the two players left in the final round are both inactive? Does the tournament just go on for ever?