1. St Albans
    Moves
    28 Mar '03 19:37
    I realised that quick fire tournaments are bad for health when I woke up at 6am this morning (very unsociable) with moves on my mind! Great fun though, and a great way of saving money by making sure you stay in and play chess. As both a victim and a beneficiary I have found that the dangers of knights are easily overlooked when you are trying to play 30 games a day!

Great web-site, very glad I joined.
  2. Standard memberVarg
    Thinking...
    Odersfelt
    Moves
    28 Mar '03 20:35
    And also bad for your chess!
    I never thought it would take on the qualities of a blitz tournament but 32 of those little ticking clocks tends to force stupid mistakes.
    I have had my opponents lose Queens and Rooks for no reason, and I've lost a Quuen and several Knights and Bishops needlessly 🙁
    Great fun though!
  3. St Albans
    Moves
    28 Mar '03 22:16
    I am just glad they haven't put sound effects on the clock. Tick tocks would really freak me into blitzing!
  4. Standard memberschweigi
    Member of Gonzo Clan
    Innsbruck, Austria
    Moves
    29 Mar '03 01:08
    Well Elphinstone ... your perfectly right ... but your results aren't that bad ... good luck for the tournament ...
  5. Joined
    24 Feb '03
    Moves
    29 Mar '03 02:27
    Originally posted by Elphinstone
    [b]I realised that quick fire tournaments are bad for health. As both a victim and a beneficiary I have found that the dangers of knights are easily overlooked when you are trying to play 30 games a day![b]
    When they are played many games must be accepted to make some which had error the haste. The greater part of the times watches the chessboard for 2 minuteren, makes the move and it is passed the next, the errors are natural, I as an example in this game of it I have made a serious error (Qxg3+) due to the haste!! http://www.redhotpawn.com/core/viewhistory.php?gameid=183469&PHPSESSID=83c5d6630f7900a3d442071b95c28849

I do not write well in English, excused the errors.

Bye
    Mastrus
  6. Donationlegionnaire
    Free Thinker
    New York City
    Moves
    31 Mar '03 18:23
    Yeah but I would say that you have done quite well in spite of your error, Mastrus. 🙂

I, on the other hand, have made some unbelievably stupid mistakes in my games, when I go back over the move history I cringe in disbelief at some of the moves that I made. The 1 day time out is a lot of pressure!

-mike

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree