Quicker Tournaments

Quicker Tournaments

Tournaments

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i
Deracinated

Sydney

Moves
10 Apr 05

Would it be possible to get more tournaments started that have small timeouts and timebanks? This way, I might see some of the tournaments I'm in actually complete before the sun goes supernova...

Nearing 250000...!

Moves
10 Apr 05

The sun is too smal to be a supernovae, not even a novae. But small enough to be a 'white dwarf' eventually, I believe...

Anyway, I would like to see a timebank only banded tournament(s) (no time-out period, only the timebank as in de 2005 tournament).

Moves
11 Apr 05

Originally posted by ivangrice
Would it be possible to get more tournaments started that have small timeouts and timebanks? This way, I might see some of the tournaments I'm in actually complete before the sun goes supernova...
Got my vote.

TB

Moves
06 May 05

I agree. Will the administrator start up some 3/0 tournaments please!!!!

f
Quack Quack Quack !

Chesstralia

Moves
06 May 05
1 edit

Originally posted by The Baron
I agree. Will the administrator start up some 3/0 tournaments please!!!!
3/0 tournamnets last for ages and ages, and have loads of people timed out ... they suck very badly.

1/20 tournaments finish faster and have fewer timeouts.

0/30 tournaments finish even faster and also have few timeouts.

The Rude©

who knows?

Moves
06 May 05

Originally posted by flexmore
3/0 tournamnets last for ages and ages, and have loads of people timed out ... they suck very badly.
????? please post a link to a 3/0 tournament which is lasting from ages...............

For personal experience I say that tournaments that last for ages are the 7 days or 14 days timeouts,they take years to finish a couple of rounds.

f
Quack Quack Quack !

Chesstralia

Moves
06 May 05
1 edit

Originally posted by Ravello
????? please post a link to a 3/0 tournament which is lasting from ages...............

For personal experience I say that tournaments that last for ages are the 7 days or 14 days timeouts,they take years to finish a couple of rounds.
!!!!! open your eyes...............😲

there is a 3/0 tournament called eta grouped random still in progress
http://www.redhotpawn.com/tournament/index.php?&view=inpro&page=16
it started 2003-11-26.
it has been going for one and a half years.

look also at http://www.redhotpawn.com/tournament/index.php?&view=inpro&page=15 there are many others that also take an awful long time.

of course 7/0 and 14/0 tournies tend to last even longer again ....

obviously they can finish fast ... but so can long haul tournaments!
for example: Grand Long Haul II is Finished, it started 2004-06-28.

with 0/30 or even 0/40 tournaments it will always be reasonably quick.

it is not the "timebank" which slows the tournaments down ... it is the "timeout" ... even 3 days is enough to slow them down.
timebank just protects players from suffering losses in winning positions when they have a holiday.

The Rude©

who knows?

Moves
07 May 05

Ok,I think you're right................

However in the tournies you showed there's the Skeeter-factor which,you know it well,is what really slows the game.............

s
515 + 30 days

Syver Yurt TC

Moves
07 May 05

However in the tournies you showed there's the Skeeter-factor which,you know it well,is what really slows the game.............
You testing the water again Rav? Hmmmm?

skeeter

The Rude©

who knows?

Moves
08 May 05

Originally posted by skeeter
You testing the water [b]again Rav? Hmmmm?

skeeter[/b]
hehe,yes!
You have to admit that a you have a certain impact on tournaments' length.............not that I care however.

f
Quack Quack Quack !

Chesstralia

Moves
08 May 05

many players do not have the ability to play everyone of their games every time they play.

some of these players suffer massive runs of timeouts (TYPE A).

some players organise themselves to avoid being timed out (TYPE B).

in both ways they play within the rules.

in both ways they annoy some people.
does Type A annoy more people by regularly playing 500 points outside their real rating???
or does Type B annoy more by exposing the faulty setup of a tournament with small or nonexistent timebank?

to tell you my impression:
i admire type A because i think they are simply having wild reckless fun,
and
i admire type B because they are obviously incredibly well organised, and will always expose the flaws in the glass and make the world a more perfect place.

ps ... second time i have accidentally defended you skeeter .. third time lucky 😉

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
08 May 05

I have just created a series of one day timeout tournaments (with varying levels of timebank.)

Please don't come crying to me if you enter the 1/1 and it all goes horribly wrong over your summer holidays 🙂

-Russ

F
9 Edits

London

Moves
08 May 05

Originally posted by Russ
I have just created a series of one day timeout tournaments (with varying levels of timebank.)

Please don't come crying to me if you enter the 1/1 and it all goes horribly wrong over your summer holidays 🙂

-Russ
...there isn't a 1/1!

fred

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
08 May 05

Now I feel stupid.

-Russ