1. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    29 Apr '08 23:42
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    You may want to do a bit more investigation before airing your accusations.

A quick look at RR's tournament wins shows that they ALL come from when he first joined the site, and not as a result of his frequent loss in ratings.

As he explained above. 😕

D
    Reread my post.

I said to play fewer games to enable him to maintain his rating level and stop beating up on the little guys.

He said i would say a rating of 1550 or so would be my "true" rating. Looking at his rating graph I would say 1650 probably nearer the mark.

Having attained a rating of just under 1500 by September 2006 he timed out out a heap of games which allowed him to enter and win a 1200-1350 tourney Tournament 1569 which started in November 2006.

😛
  2. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    30 Apr '08 07:49
    I was justifying my own reasons for being in lower banded touraments at present and not justifying any other players position.

There are players who clearly abuse the system and players who are just caught up in it and it spoils the tournament for them. But the blame needs to be pointed at the site and not individuals - if enough players complain it will have to change and the end of the day the site developers need are subscriptions.
  3. Domincan Republic
    Moves
    09 May '08 20:20
    In my case I think its dificult to keep the rating low when you enter a tournament, since I am in my first banded and in round one I havent lost a game and my rating now is higher than the rating limit, that is logical, but I also could loose a lot in round 2 so it is logical that my rating will go down again.
  4. Standard memberLukerik
    Stick your hands up
    Your bum
    Moves
    09 May '08 23:11
    Originally posted by Superman
    In my case I think its dificult to keep the rating low when you enter a tournament, since I am in my first banded and in round one I havent lost a game and my rating now is higher than the rating limit, that is logical, but I also could loose a lot in round 2 so it is logical that my rating will go down again.
    And I'd wish you good luck if one of my clan-mates weren't also playing; but no-one with reason, or even the smallest degree of intelligence is going to criticise you for playing there.

A rating rise is a world away from deliberately lowering your rating to enable entry... or returning after timeouts and entering a lower band than your ability.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree