Ratings for tourneys

Ratings for tourneys

Tournaments

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Farnborough

Moves
07 Dec 04

I would like to see a change in the ratings for rated tourneys. At the moment the entry qualification is based on the highest rating over the past month. This means that a 2000+ player who loses lost of games due to timeouts could enter a low rank tourney when his rating drops to the point where he can enter. There are several instances of this happening. A very high ranker loses dozens of games to timeouts (for whatever reason) and suddenly he is ranked far below what he should be. I did think this only happened rarely but it seems to be happening more and more. This is just not fair to the lower ranked players who stand no chance against him.

I would like to see the rated tourneys entry qualification based on the highest rating, not just the last month. This would make a fairer tourney for those lower ranks.

What do you think? Or have I missed something?

Farnborough

Moves
09 Dec 04

Hehe, obviously I'm the only one bothered by this. I'll not mention it again. 🙂

F
9 Edits

London

Moves
09 Dec 04

Originally posted by Goggy
I would like to see a change in the ratings for rated tourneys. At the moment the entry qualification is based on the highest rating over the past month. This means that a 2000+ player who loses lost of games due to timeouts could enter a low rank tourney when his rating drops to the point where he can enter. There are several instances of this happening. A ve ...[text shortened]... make a fairer tourney for those lower ranks.

What do you think? Or have I missed something?
the reason this may not be an option is because some players have bursts of success and then drop back down to their usual rating. take me for example; around the 21st November i was rated 1248 or something like that but thats a lot higher than what it usually is so why should i be made to enter higher banded tourneys because i had some strokes of genius in some games!?

freddie