1. Joined
    04 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Jan '09 03:12
    Hello

How can you report someone for putting their vacation symbol up, But they clearly are not on vacation.

I have 2 games in a tournament against a player with a vacation flag up. It is clear that he is not on vacation. Because for one someone had to enter the tournament, 2nd he played 4 moves against me in the game against me where he played as white.

However I got a game with him game ID 5880893. The Timeout has expired but I can not claim the win because he put the flag up. It is clear he did this just so he could delay it. Because like i said he made moves in the other game.

So how can I report this?
  2. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    14 Jan '09 03:20
    Originally posted by Archrival
    Hello

How can you report someone for putting their vacation symbol up, But they clearly are not on vacation.

I have 2 games in a tournament against a player with a vacation flag up. It is clear that he is not on vacation. Because for one someone had to enter the tournament, 2nd he played 4 moves against me in the game against me where he played as wh ...[text shortened]... ould delay it. Because like i said he made moves in the other game.

So how can I report this?
    you can't as he's doing nothing wrong.

everyone has 36 days vacation which they can use whatever way they want.
  3. Joined
    04 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Jan '09 03:28
    Originally posted by trev33
    you can't as he's doing nothing wrong.

everyone has 36 days vacation which they can use whatever way they want.
    So we can use it as a tactic to delay a time out instead of using it for when you are really on vacation?
  4. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    14 Jan '09 03:34
    So we can use it as a tactic to delay a time out instead of using it for when you are really on vacation?
    yes.

if that's what he's using it for than he's perfectly within his right to do so weather it's ethical or not is another matter.

it's possible that something came up that made him move slower than he thought he would before joining the tourney.

whatever the case his vacation won't last for ever.

if you really want to claim the t/o win then play really slowly until his vacation runs out, looking at his graph you'll have a good chance that he'll miss a day.

btw you wouldn't gain any rating points if you took the win where the game is at the moment. only after 2 full moves are the ratings affected.
  5. Joined
    04 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Jan '09 05:02
    Ok thanks.

I have no grudges against ppl being on vacation. I just didn't like the fact that he used it and it was clear that he's not on vacation.
  6. Joined
    06 Sep '07
    Moves
    14 Jan '09 20:00
    Its worth noting (as I have done this myself) that sometimes people use their vacation when they go away somewhere but actually do manage to get online when they are away to play the odd move but dont remove the flag as they are still away, if you follow me 🙂

Of course, it could be a delaying tactic to deny you the win for now, it is little irritating but in the end you will still get the win so sit tight.
  7. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    14 Jan '09 22:00
    Ok thanks.

I have no grudges against ppl being on vacation. I just didn't like the fact that he used it and it was clear that he's not on vacation.
    Think of the vacation flag simply as a period of time allocated to all subs in which they are immune from timeout.

It's misbranded.

D
  8. Joined
    20 Jun '03
    Moves
    15 Jan '09 00:52
    I have two games in which opponents in hopeless positions are dawdling along using up their timebanks. Such is life. I put my vacation flag up over the Christmas-New Year period as I weasn't sure if I would be able to play much.

At least the current system teaches us to be patient. 🙂
  9. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    15 Jan '09 12:37
    I use vacation during exam periods to easen my game load burden. Games with no (or little) time bank left I leave until later. Games with obvious moves I attend to. Some of the rest games I play, others not.

I might be one of the persons that the thread authors doesn't like. However, I have to, and take my right to, prioritize my life as I see fit. Exam goes first, games goes later.

Vacation I see as vacation from RHP, not necessarily vacation from work, studies, travels, sickness etc.
  10. Blighty
    Moves
    15 Jan '09 13:09
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    I use vacation during exam periods to easen my game load burden. Games with no (or little) time bank left I leave until later. Games with obvious moves I attend to. Some of the rest games I play, others not.

I might be one of the persons that the thread authors doesn't like. However, I have to, and take my right to, prioritize my life as I see fit. Exa ...[text shortened]... I see as vacation from RHP, not necessarily vacation from work, studies, travels, sickness etc.
    Well said.

I took my vacation time over Christmas and following the birth of my daughter - no holidays as such - but a far higher priority!
  11. Somewhere in Nigeria
    Moves
    31 Mar '09 17:44
    There is an interesting twist to this. Suppose your opponent times you out while he is still on vacation? This is possible in the hardcore tournaments where the timebank is depleted continuously. Would that be fair?
  12. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    31 Mar '09 18:41
    Originally posted by jamjamjoe
    There is an interesting twist to this. Suppose your opponent times you out while he is still on vacation? This is possible in the hardcore tournaments where the timebank is depleted continuously. Would that be fair?
    Sure that would be fair.

Whatever is not against the rules is fair. If you don't like it, put up your own vacation flag.
  13. Somewhere in Nigeria
    Moves
    01 Apr '09 07:30
    I see

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree