1. Joined
    07 Jan '05
    Moves
    11 Apr '05 07:52
    How about this "RHP World title 2005 Tournament". Country vs Country. This will be soooo cool. The top 50 or 100 players from each country can play in this tournament.
  2. Standard memberRavello
    The RudeΒ©
    who knows?
    Moves
    11 Apr '05 12:55
    Originally posted by Nicolaas
    How about this "RHP World title 2005 Tournament". Country vs Country. This will be soooo cool. The top 50 or 100 players from each country can play in this tournament.
    Please no.
    This has been tried in the past with "Grand continents" tournaments,but people started going silly just to have easy groups,so everyone was changing their flags to enter Oceania or Africa.
    A czech guy (Tequila) won the Asia tournament ,go figure...............
  3. Standard memberHegemon
    A Lost Bobby
    London
    Moves
    11 Apr '05 14:52
    One of those things that are great in principle but horrible in practice.

However, it could work if BEFORE the tournament is published for entrants, the "change your flag" option is turned off. Only turned back on again AFTER the tourney has started.

People may change their flag after this... but hey, surely the errors would be small

OK, so it would require some extra work from site admin, and you would want the tourney to start off pretty quickly, but it could be done if there was enough pressure on site admin - which I am sure they'd appreciate πŸ™‚
  4. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    12 Apr '05 10:59
    Originally posted by Hegemon
    One of those things that are great in principle but horrible in practice.

However, it could work if BEFORE the tournament is published for entrants, the "change your flag" option is turned off. Only turned back on again AFTER the tourney has started.

People may change their flag after this... but hey, surely the errors would be small

OK, so it wou ...[text shortened]... ld be done if there was enough pressure on site admin - which I am sure they'd appreciate πŸ™‚
    golly i do not even know which contintent or sea my country is in ...

i wonder: is it possible my flag-country is not even on our planet ?!?!?
  5. Standard memberHegemon
    A Lost Bobby
    London
    Moves
    12 Apr '05 13:10
    Originally posted by flexmore
    golly i do not even know which contintent or sea my country is in ...

i wonder: is it possible my flag-country is not even on our planet ?!?!?
    Well good point, flemore, you may be an exception since you are from Chesstralia. Correct me if my history is a bit hazy, but as I understand it Chesstralia was colonised by Australia in 1901 to release the overcrowding of our chess loving ducks.

However, it is not exactly an island as much as a pontoon. After the second world war, it broke away from it's mooring to the south east of Australia and now drifts among the currents. Located last near the Soloman Islands. It is rumoured that Bobby Fischer himself took refuge there.

Well there are exceptions to everything, and flemore, you are no exception to this rule. Quack on ducky πŸ™‚

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree