1. Yorkshire
    Moves
    27 Jun '04 14:53
    Having got through the first round, i would have thought the competition would be a bit stronger
  2. Somewhere in England
    Moves
    01 Jul '04 13:26
    Well I hope you find your second Round Opponents Skeeter, Colleman and Alec Hine more to your "standard". You arrogant little man, who are you to disrespect your first round opponents. You certainly didnt set the tournament on fire yourself.
    If you require higher standard games, please challenge me, I will wipe the floor with you and post on the forum that I was disapointed with your play.

3. Yorkshire
    Moves
    01 Jul '04 15:00
    Originally posted by SteveC
    Well I hope you find your second Round Opponents Skeeter, Colleman and Alec Hine more to your "standard". You arrogant little man, who are you to disrespect your first round opponents. You certainly didnt set the tournament on fire yourself.
    If you require higher standard games, please challenge me, I will wipe the floor with you and post on the forum that I was disapointed with your play.

Calm down, I wasnt meaning to offend.
    These players are all well above me and will always be
    Colemans already thrashed me twice and i expect more of the same.

I dont disrespect my first round opponents at all, i scraped through by the skin of my teeth, and had to work hard.

As to your challenge, yes I will play you and yes you will thrash me
  4. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    01 Jul '04 17:36
    Originally posted by Knight Time
    Having got through the first round, i would have thought the competition would be a bit stronger
    uh,man your rating is 1585 and in the first round you met one 1640,a 1180 and a great 683!Do you really thought those last two players(with all the respect for them) were going to kick your butt,or you're just posting to act like a cool player who got to 2nd round?
    Also respect to your opponents is a good thing in a chess site............now in the 2nd round you'll have the stronger competition you asked!
  5. Standard memberusmc7257
    semper fi
    Moves
    02 Jul '04 01:03
    who actually gave him a rec for that post? if you barely scrapped through then why were you complaining about the competition level in the first place?
  6. Yorkshire
    Moves
    02 Jul '04 12:29
    This is all going too far.

The post was supposed to be ironic, in that after reading the post you would obviously look at the round 2 grouping and find how GOOD the opposition is.

When i was in round 1 I was only ranked around 1200 which doesnt matter anyway.
    As to who reccomended the post, well perhaps someone understood what I was trying to put across.

This was not intended as a nasty post.

Richard
  7. Amsterdam
    Moves
    02 Jul '04 14:39
    Ehrm... guys, why are we all so angry at this guy? Can't he say what he thinks anymore? 😕

O.
  8. Somewhere in England
    Moves
    09 Jul '04 22:38
    He has every right to reply, I just thought he was a little disrespectful to his first round opponents.

I have since played whatshecalled twice and beat him fairly easily on both occasions. I was disapointed with his performance.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree