1. Standard memberpaultopia
    High Priest
    The Volcano
    Moves
    30 Jul '04 02:37
    Call this a trial balloon...

Would folks be interest in, oh, say, a King's Gambit (Muzio variation) theme tournament sponsored by the Virgin Sacrifices?

Prize would have to be something like a Tal book (perhaps Art of Attack)...
  2. Standard memberdeathbypawn
    Pancake Gobbler
    Great Pancake Heist
    Moves
    30 Jul '04 03:12
    kings gambit harsh double muzio gambit is fairly strong but this opening is extremly intense what would the start position be...count me in.

DBP
  3. Standard memberpaultopia
    High Priest
    The Volcano
    Moves
    30 Jul '04 15:15
    the start position would probably not be the wildest ... probably just after the knight sac, not the bishop as well. I'm thinking the position after 1. e4 e5 2. f4 exf4 3. Nf3 g5 4. Bc4 g4 5. 0-0 gxf3 is a good starting spot, and if white wants to dump the bishop on f7 too, (s)he can feel more than free πŸ™‚

However, I'm not ponying up for a prize unless there's more interest expressed here...
  4. Standard memberRavello
    The RudeΒ©
    who knows?
    Moves
    30 Jul '04 15:39
    Originally posted by paultopia
    the start position would probably not be the wildest ... probably just after the knight sac, not the bishop as well. I'm thinking the position after 1. e4 e5 2. f4 exf4 3. Nf3 g5 4. Bc4 g4 5. 0-0 gxf3 is a good starting spot, and if white wants to dump the bishop on f7 too, (s)he can feel more than free πŸ™‚

However, I'm not ponying up for a prize unless there's more interest expressed here...
    I would be interested in both tourny and book,but when some 1800 or 2000 player will join my interest will decrease dramatically............
    Better if I'm going to buy that book!
  5. Standard membergumbie
    The man himself
    Totally lost
    Moves
    30 Jul '04 15:54
    Very interesting πŸ™‚
  6. Standard membertlai1992
    Retired knight
    Chess Castle
    Moves
    30 Jul '04 18:34
    Originally posted by paultopia
    Call this a trial balloon...

Would folks be interest in, oh, say, a King's Gambit (Muzio variation) theme tournament sponsored by the Virgin Sacrifices?

Prize would have to be something like a Tal book (perhaps Art of Attack)...
    Make it a 1 day t/o and no timebank some most 2000 players dont like those kind of t/o

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree