1. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    19 Sep '03 10:44
    I grew disgusted with tournaments because of the number of incredibly slow players involved, and hardly ever look in at the tournament page anymore. But now I see that there are tournaments that are being sponsored by various clans. What is the point of this, and how does it work?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '02
    Moves
    19 Sep '03 21:371 edit
    Originally posted by rwingett
    I grew disgusted with tournaments because of the number of incredibly slow players involved, and hardly ever look in at the tournament page anymore. But now I see that there are tournaments that are being sponsored by various clans. What is the point of this, and how does it work?
    Hi Rob.Just to reply to your latter points:

What is the point of this?
    Same point as you bought a star: We support this site.

How does it work?
    If you don't like slow players then exclude them.
    Lyn.
  3. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    05 Jan '04 02:48
  4. Standard memberNicolaiS
    Cannabist
    's-Gravenhage
    Moves
    05 Jan '04 06:50
    The DUNE clan sponsored a tournement and I will reward the winner of the tour a free copy of Dune by Frank Herbert. The subscriptionlist of the tour was full in no time. 😏
  5. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    05 Jan '04 07:09
    good on you nicolaiS,

the question i have is about the sponsored tournaments that do not have a prize.

i would like to call a tournament the :-) tournament but i am too much of a cheapskate to offer a prize.
  6. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    05 Jan '04 15:12
    People have sponsored tournaments before by putting up a bit of cash. As I have never been comfortable with this - I have decided that anyone who can offer a prize can sponsor a tournament. [As with the Dune clan]

-Russ

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree