1. Standard memberColetti
    W.P. Extraordinaire
    State of Franklin
    Moves
    09 Dec '03 02:58
    Russ,

I'd be happy if we started the Xmas and New Year Tournament - Beginner Level. I ready to go! I know we're not near the maximum entrants but the build-up is slow and I'd like to get a round or two done before Christmas.

Anyone else agree or disagree??
  2. Joined
    19 Aug '02
    Moves
    09 Dec '03 03:52
    I agree it would be nice to start soon. However you are naive in thinking that a round or two will be completed before xmas. The first round will be lucky if it finishes in 6 months time. Tournaments take a long time in corespondence chess
  3. Standard memberKartano
    Software Engineer
    Phoenix, AZ
    Moves
    09 Dec '03 04:14
    I'm actually listed up for the mid level tournament, but being new to RHP I was wondering when they actually put together a start date? At the moment, the start date is still set to "n/a".
  4. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    09 Dec '03 10:45
    We need two more - if they are not there by the end of the day - I will start it.

-Russ
  5. Joined
    31 Jul '03
    Moves
    09 Dec '03 11:26
    Both the Beginner and Experienced levels are indeed gaining participants at a snail pace. I doubt very much that either of them will be filled by Christmas or New Years.

How about setting a start date to them - like December 25th or maybe January 1st? This way we'd avoid having to start a Christmas tourney in June. 😉

As to the problem of tournaments taking for ever to finish (I think 6 months is a fair estimate for the first round of the Christmas tourneys with full attendance), if you're interested, take a look at my solution suggestion I posted a while ago:

http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?id=7637

-Jarno
  6. Standard memberNicolaiS
    Cannabist
    's-Gravenhage
    Moves
    09 Dec '03 13:38
    ITS FULL !!!!!!

Let the fun begin.😏
  7. Standard memberColetti
    W.P. Extraordinaire
    State of Franklin
    Moves
    09 Dec '03 21:55
    How about the beginner tournament??
  8. R.I.P.
    Moves
    09 Dec '03 22:041 edit
    Yes lets also start the experienced tournament before christmas (maybe at the end of this week say), a lot of people will have time off, so it would be a perfect time to start...😀
  9. Standard memberNicolaiS
    Cannabist
    's-Gravenhage
    Moves
    11 Dec '03 18:12
    No new entrents the last two days in beginners and experienced tours ... I hope Russ will start it soon.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree