Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Tournaments Forum

Tournaments Forum

  1. Subscriber Bobski
    Always smiling... :)
    06 Jan '14 15:33
    Hi Guys,

    I want to start a private tournament for my clan. Yes.. I'm a clan leader and have more than 10 members. I know to set it up must be somewhere on this site but do you think I can find the information....sheesh! So if someone could point me in the right direction It would be much appreciated.
    Many thanks Bob. 🙄
  2. Subscriber venda
    Dave
    09 Jan '14 18:44 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Bobski
    Hi Guys,

    I want to start a private tournament for my clan. Yes.. I'm a clan leader and have more than 10 members. I know to set it up must be somewhere on this site but do you think I can find the information....sheesh! So if someone could point me in the right direction It would be much appreciated.
    Many thanks Bob. 🙄
    You have to have a CLUB to set up a private tournament automatically.
    However what you could do would be to have any clan members interested to challenge each other through the "new game" or "open invite" option.
    You would have to record the results manually possibly in an xl spreadsheet and if you wanted the group size to be greater than 2 for each round it could get quite complicated.
  3. Subscriber Ponderable
    chemist
    10 Jan '14 14:17
    Originally posted by Bobski
    Hi Guys,

    I want to start a private tournament for my clan. Yes.. I'm a clan leader and have more than 10 members. I know to set it up must be somewhere on this site but do you think I can find the information....sheesh! So if someone could point me in the right direction It would be much appreciated.
    Many thanks Bob. 🙄
    The link is

    http://www.redhotpawn.com/tournament/createprivate.php

    and you can make a tournament for the clan alright.
  4. Subscriber venda
    Dave
    10 Jan '14 20:44
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    The link is

    http://www.redhotpawn.com/tournament/createprivate.php

    and you can make a tournament for the clan alright.
    I thought I'd seen everything on this site but I've never come across this link.
    We live and learn!!
  5. 11 Jan '14 21:47
    yeah i had to bookmark it years ago as the link is not on the site so i kept a copy of it for when i want to set private tournies up
  6. Subscriber Bobski
    Always smiling... :)
    19 Feb '14 14:37
    Originally posted by venda
    You have to have a CLUB to set up a private tournament automatically.
    However what you could do would be to have any clan members interested to challenge each other through the "new game" or "open invite" option.
    You would have to record the results manually possibly in an xl spreadsheet and if you wanted the group size to be greater than 2 for each round it could get quite complicated.
    Thanks for the info Mr V. I'm on the case. 🙂
  7. Subscriber Bobski
    Always smiling... :)
    19 Feb '14 14:38
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    The link is

    http://www.redhotpawn.com/tournament/createprivate.php

    and you can make a tournament for the clan alright.
    Hello again Mr P, hope all is well. Thanks for the info. 🙂
  8. Subscriber Bobski
    Always smiling... :)
    19 Feb '14 14:38
    Hi Alex, thanks for the info. 🙂