1. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    15 Jun '09 02:162 edits
    Please minimize posting conversation in this thread (it is copied in the general forum, there you may post at will.)

Starting July 1st, I will be sponsoring a tournament in which the winner receives a LIFETIME MEMBERSHIP to Redhotpawn.

You may ENTER starting now. I will take no more entries after June 29.
    -----------------------------
    Tournament Information

Summer 2009 Internet Chess Tournament

Starts July 1st, 2009 and runs each Wednesday of the month at 4 designated times throughout the day.

Winner will be guarenteed a life-time membership (or the second place prize instead, if you prefer).

If there is a tie for 1st (resulting from a-lot of entrants) a series of further rounds may be held to contest for first place.

Second Place may receive a book from the list at the end of this flyer depending on the number of entrants that join. Second place prize is not guarenteed unless there are over 120 participants. (If the winner would prefer this instead of a life-time membership then you may opt for this).

-----------------------------
    DESCRIPTION AND RULES:

This tournament will not be a correspondence tournament. Instead, it will be an OTB tournament held in the BLITZ section of the site.

*There will be 4 rounds, held on each Wednesday of July, starting on July 1st.

*Because people from all over the world will be playing there will be 4 different start times for your games (all times are NEW YORK CITY time):

-6:00 AM
    -11:00 AM
    -3:00 PM
    -11:00 PM

If by odd chance you both can't make one of these times you may complete the game at a different time of day, but these times are standard start times.

*Each game must be played on the settings 60 / 30. That is, 60 minutes with 30 second increments per move.

*Your opponents will be assigned based on ratings. Say there are 32 players. In that case, Seed 1 (highest rating) will play Seed 16 and Seed 17 will play Seed 32. Seed 2 plays Seed 15 and Seed 18 plays Seed 31, etc. This is only for week 1. Afterwards it will be based on standings (winners play winners, losers play losers).

*ABSOLUTELY NO ENGINE/DATABASES/BOOKS/ OR ASSISTANCE OF ANY KIND IS TOLERATED IN THIS TOURNAMENT! WHILE IT IS ON YOUR HONOR, IF ONE HAS ANY SUSPICIONS PLEASE REPORT THEM TO ME AND I WILL INVESTIGATE THE GAME CLOSELY. IF I THE SLIGHTEST SUSPICION BASED ON THE GAME, YOU WILL NOT ONLY BE REMOVED FROM THE TOURNAMENT BUT YOU WILL BE REPORTED TO THE ADMINS OF THE SITE FOR FURTHER INVESTIGATION. Please don't cheat! 🙂

*You and your opponent must agree to the time at which the game is played and BOTH of you must submit the agreed time to me via PM (must be one of the 4 designated times). If your opponent does not show up within 15 minutes of start-time, report it to me and the game may be forfeited. If neither of you can show up on the Wednesday at any of the designated times, you BOTH must send me a PM with the proposed DATE and TIME to play the game. This game must be played before the following Wednesday.

*After the game is completed BOTH players must PM me the results of the game (i.e. 0-1, 1-0, or 1/2-1/2). Also, and this is really important, please send me the PGNs of the game (either player can do this). I may post a game of the week or use the PGN as proof of victory, etc. Failure to send me the PGN may result in a draw.

*If you miss round 1, you may opt for a late entry.. This will result in an automatic .5 score for week 1.

*At my discretion, the games may be held at an alternate web location (you will be PM'd if your game is to be held on a different website.) This would happen due to tons of accusations or disagreements.

*DISCONNECTIONS: If you or your opponent disconnect during a game, you may restart the game and obtain the same position with approval of whoever did not disconnect. If your opponent does not reconnect and send you a message within 5 minutes of the disconnection the game must be forfeited. If you opt to continue the game, you must set the game in the same position and the same time that was on the clock.

*Standings will be posted by each Friday and your opponent for next week should be submitted to you on that same day. Again, both of you send me the proposed designated time (in New York City time) of the game.

REQUIREMENTS:

1. Obviously, you must be willing to be honest, sportsmanlike, and not using assistance in these games.

2. Please respect your opponent by being here at the agreed-upon time. Also plan ahead by ensuring you can be online each Wednesday.

3. Please forward me the PGN of your game. I will post a game of the week (Volunteer help here would be nice to choose a game of the week / keep up with the PGNs).

4. You must have completed at least 20 rated games on this site (no provisionally rated players).

5. MINIMUM 16 players to join.

6. Whether you are a member or not, you are invited to join this tournament.

==================
    OTHER INFORMATION:

*CLAN LEADERS, invite your clan members! Spread the word by copying this flyer and forwarding it. 🙂

*If there are any volunteers who are willing to help me keep track of this tournament please message me.

*Please do not place accusations or complaints in this thread. Forward them to me and I will respond ASAP.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Second Place Book List to choose 1 (not guarenteed):

Jeremy Silman's "Reassess Your Chess"
    Jeremy Silman's "Complete Endgame Course"
    Vladimir Vukovic's "Art of Attack in Chess"
    Lein and Archangelsky's "Sharpen Your Tactics!"
    Andrew Soltis' "Pawn Structure Chess" (Advanced)
    Book of your choice (the above are highly recommended).

----------------------------------------------------
    If you wish to enter this tournament and try to earn yourself a FREE LIFETIME membership, it is much preferred that you PM me and I will make 1 post with all of the entrants and their CC ratings.

Questions? Concerns? Suggestions? PM me (Don't post them here please). Good Luck and Good Games to all who join! PM me if you want to join, just to make sure you're in.

-RAM
    🙂
    -----------------------------------------------------------

Please minimize posting conversation in this thread (it is copied in the general forum, there you may post at will.)
  2. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    15 Jun '09 02:196 edits
    1. O Artem O (1465) User 325514

2. Cadwah (1363) User 185717
  3. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    15 Jun '09 09:19

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    15 Jun '09 12:35
    How are you going to guarantee the free membership for life?
  5. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    16 Jun '09 12:06
    Originally posted by Ramned
    1. O Artem O (1465) User 325514

2. Cadwah (1363) User 185717
    1. thadeusman (1609) User 392875

2. O Artem O (1465) User 325514

3. Cadwah (1363) User 185717

4,5,6 From chess.com

MINIMUM 16 ENTRANTS ARE NEEDED BY JUNE 29TH.
  6. Joined
    01 Oct '08
    Moves
    26 Jun '09 15:05
    Can I be part of it? sorry for posting here, I could not find the post in the general forum...
  7. Joined
    07 Jun '05
    Moves
    26 Jun '09 16:47
    Originally posted by Macpo
    Can I be part of it? sorry for posting here, I could not find the post in the general forum...
    There don't look to be enough takers.

Thread 114349
  8. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    28 Jun '09 14:54
    Tournament's been cancelled; a regular correspondence may be set up soon.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree