1. Standard memberTychoo
    F**k the EU, IMF,WB
    Moves
    13 Jul '09 12:251 edit
    Came across this player (Surtism) lately, his profile is very interesting.

His stated that he intends to have over 2000 games going with time problems.

Worth watching
  2. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirateβ„’
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    13 Jul '09 12:30
    Originally posted by Tychoo
    Came across this player (Surtism) lately, his profile is very interesting.

His stated that he intends to have over 2000 games going with time problems.

Worth watching
    Surtism - User 368522
  3. Standard memberTychoo
    F**k the EU, IMF,WB
    Moves
    13 Jul '09 12:48
    sorry did not see the other tread on this subjectπŸ˜•
  4. Standard memberatticus2
    Frustrate the Bad
    Liverpool
    Moves
    13 Jul '09 12:561 edit
    He should spend more time with his baby daughter instead of hitting cartoon targets in here
  5. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    13 Jul '09 18:55
    Originally posted by atticus2
    He should spend more time with his baby daughter instead of hitting cartoon targets in here
    I had a problem with atri because he scheduled games he did not intend to play. If this guy continues to play the games he has scheduled then more power to him. If he (and his family) can afford to spend that time it is not for me to judge. I think what he is doing is a massive waste of time and effort but again - it is his life. If he wants to waste it trying to juggle a bunch of chess games then he is within his rights to do so as long as he is treating his opponents with respect.

I won my very first tournament on this site - with that and $2.86 I can buy a cup of coffee. When he is done playing all these games he'll be able to buy a cup of coffee with his own money just like the rest of us. Same as it ever was...
  6. Joined
    25 May '08
    Moves
    13 Jul '09 20:23
    Originally posted by TerrierJack
    I had a problem with atri because he scheduled games he did not intend to play. If this guy continues to play the games he has scheduled then more power to him. If he (and his family) can afford to spend that time it is not for me to judge. I think what he is doing is a massive waste of time and effort but again - it is his life. If he wants to waste it ...[text shortened]... able to buy a cup of coffee with his own money just like the rest of us. Same as it ever was...
    Congratulation to your win πŸ™‚
  7. Blighty
    Moves
    13 Jul '09 22:20
    Originally posted by atticus2
    That comment is uncalled for you ignorant prick, how dare you insinuate that I would ever place chess or anything else above my family.
  8. Joined
    25 May '08
    Moves
    13 Jul '09 22:35
    Originally posted by Surtism
    That comment is uncalled for you ignorant prick, how dare you insinuate that I would ever place chess or anything else above my family.
    1:0 Surtism πŸ™‚ against atticus2 πŸ™
  9. Blighty
    Moves
    13 Jul '09 22:43
    Originally posted by Hannilein007
    1:0 Surtism πŸ™‚ against atticus2 πŸ™
    I'd never beat him at chess!

Though an argument in favour of playing as many games as I am:

1. Look at my rating - never flown so high (ok, mostly down to timeout victories - but it looks healthy for now - yes I know I will have peaks and troughs, and now Im at a peak, but look at it now!)

2. I am learning a lot about opening play at the moment, trying different things in each opening to see what does well, what I badly fail in etc. Its improving my internal database.

3. I am playing against a lot of nice people and having chats with them - this is ultimately a social website rather than a deadly serious one - surely with the number of people cheating on here, no-one can take it too seriously.

4. Not strictly based on the number, but my daughter sleeps a lot of the time, but also needs help getting back to sleep sometimes - hence my need to be awake at this hour - I am playing chess in that time to keep me active and awake so as to be better able to assist my wee girl.

5. I have always played swift moved, even when I only had 20 games on the go, so this way there are always more games a waiting!

Thanks all, good night! πŸ™‚
  10. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Jul '09 00:541 edit
    With 0 (zero / nil / zilch ) losses to timeouts, just exactly what is the beef with Surtism ??

Nothing to see here - move along please.

skeeter
  11. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    22 Jul '09 09:57
    Nearly there now, 1785 games in progress.
  12. Joined
    18 Mar '08
    Moves
    23 Jul '09 06:55
    Originally posted by Surtism
    3. I am playing against a lot of nice people and having chats with them
    Those are sirenes distracting you from your true mission. You will fail if you waste time on that.

πŸ˜‰
  13. Blighty
    Moves
    24 Jul '09 23:19
    Originally posted by BartVH
    Those are sirenes distracting you from your true mission. You will fail if you waste time on that.

πŸ˜‰
    Good tip, thanks! πŸ™‚

I've just broken the 1900 games mark, a tiny 91 games to my target, anybody else willing to send me a few 7 day move, 7 day timebank (or more) games?
  14. Joined
    20 Jun '03
    Moves
    25 Jul '09 00:07
    I'll send you a few
  15. is no semi-colon
    Moves
    25 Jul '09 09:58
    just keep entering those Thematic Tournament club tournaments, and you'll get to 2000 in no time. i see we've been matched up in the Queen's Gambit tournament.πŸ™‚

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree