Originally posted by Hannilein007
1:0 Surtism 🙂 against atticus2 🙁
I'd never beat him at chess!
Though an argument in favour of playing as many games as I am:
1. Look at my rating - never flown so high (ok, mostly down to timeout victories - but it looks healthy for now - yes I know I will have peaks and troughs, and now Im at a peak, but look at it now!)
2. I am learning a lot about opening play at the moment, trying different things in each opening to see what does well, what I badly fail in etc. Its improving my internal database.
3. I am playing against a lot of nice people and having chats with them - this is ultimately a social website rather than a deadly serious one - surely with the number of people cheating on here, no-one can take it too seriously.
4. Not strictly based on the number, but my daughter sleeps a lot of the time, but also needs help getting back to sleep sometimes - hence my need to be awake at this hour - I am playing chess in that time to keep me active and awake so as to be better able to assist my wee girl.
5. I have always played swift moved, even when I only had 20 games on the go, so this way there are always more games a waiting!
Thanks all, good night! 🙂