10 Jan '08
    Moves
    29 Jul '09 22:11
    fancy a game? 😡
  2. Joined
    21 Sep '06
    Moves
    31 Jul '09 19:54
    I'd be interested in statistics from this experiment if they're easy to calculate. As in, what's the distribution of time controls, avg opponent rating, etc. for the 2000+ games. I hope I'm not the only one who would be interested. =)

In my early days here I found 50+ games to be very stressful, and that was with mostly 3/ time controls with maybe half of my opponents in the 1600+ range. It's nothing like 2000+. Come to think of it, a lot of my stress was sweating through a two-pawn deficit in Game 2850350.
  3. Standard memberBIGWAD
    bloody hell
    feeding the chimps..
    Moves
    27 Aug '09 12:44
    Originally posted by DawgHaus
    I'd be interested in statistics from this experiment if they're easy to calculate. As in, what's the distribution of time controls, avg opponent rating, etc. for the 2000+ games. I hope I'm not the only one who would be interested. =)

In my early days here I found 50+ games to be very stressful, and that was with mostly 3/ time controls with maybe half ...[text shortened]... nk of it, a lot of my stress was sweating through a two-pawn deficit in Game 2850350.
    Mostly whenever I look for a game the higher rated players wont play me because of my rating and sloppy blunders etc.
    In the tournaments i get to play higher rated players but I prefer rating restrictions as it gives me a chance of winning(mind you i still dont win)

BIGWAD
  4. Joined
    20 Jun '03
    Moves
    25 Dec '09 15:57
    Sorry to see that Surtism has had six games lost by timeout. A brave try and congratulations to him on getting as far as he did.
  5. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    28 Dec '09 08:52
    Originally posted by jayaitch
    Sorry to see that Surtism has had six games lost by timeout. A brave try and congratulations to him on getting as far as he did.
    I think he well and truly proved his point, that you can manage 2000 games if you organise the time controls and yourself and your private life. It's a pity that the real world (his ISP) wrecked the project, but he deserves credit for surviving so long.
  6. Joined
    25 May '08
    Moves
    29 Dec '09 21:10
    What does an enterprise with more than 2000 games shows: an undertaking with no real value. Let us concentrate on the real thing of life. Every flush is not good for us πŸ˜‰

To play some chess-games would be good and interesting and not more πŸ™‚
  7. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    30 Dec '09 02:11
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    I think he well and truly proved his point, that you can manage 2000 games if you organise the time controls and yourself and your private life. It's a pity that the real world (his ISP) wrecked the project, but he deserves credit for surviving so long.
    he failed, his experiment failed... only thing he has proven is that you can't handle 2000 games at once. he gave it a good shot yes but he failed.

it was a stupid goal and he deserves no credit for attempting such a meaningless task.
  8. Standard memberTychoo
    F**k the EU, IMF,WB
    Moves
    31 Dec '09 11:21
    He's being timed out..200+ at the moment😳
  9. Joined
    25 May '08
    Moves
    31 Dec '09 12:26
    I don't understand, how surtism gets timeout in different games, because he had his vacations at this time?
  10. Standard membersbacat
    Eddie's Dad
    Raving Mad
    Moves
    31 Dec '09 13:41
    Originally posted by Hannilein007
    I don't understand, how surtism gets timeout in different games, because he had his vacations at this time?
    There was a period of time when his vacation flag wasn't up. I saw a skull in one game but did not take it. Now I see no skull since his flag has gone up.
  11. Joined
    25 May '08
    Moves
    31 Dec '09 14:201 edit
    Originally posted by sbacat
    There was a period of time when his vacation flag wasn't up. I saw a skull in one game but did not take it. Now I see no skull since his flag has gone up.
    Thank you for this information πŸ™‚
  12. Blighty
    Moves
    04 Jan '10 12:47
    The 2,000 games in progress concept failed for one reason alone, technology. My Internet provider at home changed about three weeks ago and as such I have not been able to access the Tinternet at home. Now I am back in work I will start playing again.

Sadly, I had insufficient vacation days to see me through to the end of 2009 and the weather meant that I was not working at my office.

To all those who chose not to take the skull, many thanks, and to those I beat whilst my rating is low, I am very sorry.

To be honest, without the technological and weather problems the 2,000 games in progress would have been doable, at 1300 games it was easy to keep up.

Ow well!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree