1. Standard memberGatecrasher
    Whale watching
    33°36'S 26°53'E
    Moves
    17 Feb '04 21:16
    There are two tournaments that have had their maximum number of entrants for the past two days. Is there some other condition that has to be filled before they begin?
  2. Standard memberGatecrasher
    Whale watching
    33°36'S 26°53'E
    Moves
    17 Feb '04 23:58
    It was inevitable that just a few short minutes after posting the above message, my games inbox got flooded with 16 new tournament games. Haven't even had a chance to make a nice cup of tea yet...
    😳
  3. Zeist, Holland
    Moves
    18 Feb '04 11:07
    But it is true, that overall tournaments start very late. Would Russ care to explain why this is the case?
  4. Joined
    31 Jul '03
    Moves
    18 Feb '04 12:39
    Originally posted by piderman
    But it is true, that overall tournaments start very late. Would Russ care to explain why this is the case?
    I think that it's just because Russ needs to start the tournaments manually, and so when the tournament starts depends not only on when the tournament is full, but also on when this comes to Russ' attention, either by him checking the tournament page, or someone droping a note to him.

Why the tournments don't start automatically once the tournament is fully subscribed, I don't know. It does seem like the kind of thing that could well be automated.

I have to note though that this problem does tend to affect mostly newbies - I know I was itching to get to play in my first tournament when I joined, and the wait after the tournament was fully subscribed seemed like pure toruture! 🙄 Now I'm more laid back about these things.... 😏

-Jarno
  5. Standard memberOmnislash
    Digital Blasphemy
    Omnipresent
    Moves
    19 Feb '04 10:52
    I would assume that the delay involves Russ checking out everything and making sure it is all the way it should be. It wouldn't do if there was a glitch and half the entrants were non-subscribers or some other crazy error like that.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree