1. Joined
    04 Mar '04
    Moves
    23 Jun '04 06:03
    Originally posted by Exy
    Now I'm in amongst the games I actually think that 40 days per game time bank even with zero time out isn't going to be much of a sweat.

It should have been 40 days for [b]all
    the games - which I know isn't possible without code changes. Or just zero time out with a 14 day time bank.

What do you guys think?[/b]
    If u move very frequently then u might end up crushing a much lower rated player having used just a few days of ur timebank. But against a higher rated player, the game might drag on to more than 50 moves. If it does then you might be in serious time trouble. Even worse, if ur opponent is from the other side of the globe.
    The first round maybe smooth sailing, but 40 day timebank for the second round, against some top players is not adequate for me. That's what makes this tournament so exciting
  2. Standard memberSaint Nick
    Pimp of the elves
    San Diego, CA
    Moves
    23 Jun '04 20:58
    I'm with you Exy. I thought it was going to be frantic as first, but I'm quickly finding that 40 day timebank is plenty. If I move twice a day (once before work and once after), I have plenty of time. I would be excited to try something shorter, especially with smaller groups. Maybe 3 person random groups with at 0/14?

Another idea:
    I have a clan game going that is 1 day timeout and zero timebank. Each of us has to move once per day or lose. This is a great game and is not that hard. Maybe we should try a tourny with this time control sometime.
  3. Joined
    17 Mar '04
    Moves
    24 Jun '04 20:59
    Originally posted by saintnick
    FLEX, Looks like we have a bunch of chickens here. We're currently getting about one more person per day. We'll never get 150, in fact, we won't even get the 75 until next week.

So if you're reading this and not signed up, quit being scared and go enter the tourny!! Are you here to play chess or to quiver in fear on the sidelines?? Bring it on!

Let's see if that gets a few more..........
    If I had read this post before the tourney started I DEFINITELY would have joined up. I can't resist a tauntingly thrown gaunlet! 😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree