1. Joined
    31 Jul '03
    Moves
    23 Feb '04 21:27
    A very nice idea, the clan leader tournament, but 3 day TO without timebank?

I know for a fact, that next month I'll have at least one 5 - 7 day period when I cannot move, so while I'd like to join the tournament, if I do, I'll most likely get timed out at some point. Since having a timebank could only slow down each round in the tournament by the number of timebank days, I don't see any reason to have a clan leader tournament with a short TO period without any timebank.

I do understand that there are some people who can guarantee that they'll be on RHP without a break for a very long time, and move several times a day, and thus I do understand that there's a market for quickfire tournaments without timebank, but when the target group of a tournament is very variable in their ability to guarantee completely uninterrupted participation for the duration of a tournament, and their preverences, I think a timebank of 7 days minimum (preferably 14) would be in order.

-Jarno
  2. Standard membereyeqpc
    Robbo
    a Brave new world
    Moves
    23 Feb '04 22:24
    I agree.
    I was going to enter the tournament myself but with clan/site admin and current gameload (I know its only 26 but a bit high for me), and the fact that it is only 3 day timeout and 0 t/b urged me not to.

-Robbo
  3. Standard membertejo
    a unique loser
    LIAAA
    Moves
    25 Feb '04 22:29
    non clanleaders have entered this tournament. This is not the way this tournament was ment to be, or is it?
  4. Joined
    31 Jul '03
    Moves
    26 Feb '04 00:01
    Originally posted by tejo
    non clanleaders have entered this tournament. This is not the way this tournament was ment to be, or is it?
    I shouldn't think so! 😠

Apparently there's no automatic blocking in place, but I have to wonder what the non-clan leaders who have joined think is ment by "CLAN LEADER tournament"?

And I still think that by having a timebank in it, the tournament would get a more enthusiastic response from clan leaders.

-Jarno
  5. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    26 Feb '04 00:24
    i prefer timebank too.
  6. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Feb '04 00:261 edit
    Originally posted by Pyrrho
    I shouldn't think so! 😠

Apparently there's no automatic blocking in place, but I have to wonder what the non-clan leaders who have joined think is ment by "CLAN LEADER tournament"?

And I still think that by having a timebank in i ...[text shortened]... uld get a more enthusiastic response from clan leaders.

-Jarno
    Namely: koen from 'The Veggies'; kewkumba of 'The Boozelater's'; LittleTitus from: 'The Apostles' (shame, shame), German Clan and 'SHOOOTAH' and Chilvo from 'The Loonies' ( a natural mistake)
    What will those clan leaders think?? Hmmmm?

And you will simply not believe this but our disgraced and demoted 'friend' mossgroup, has seen fit to yet again pull another charade and enter a clan leaders tourney. Is there no end to this players guile??

the skeeter

PS EDIT; AND mossgroup is also a member of the sponsors clan -Knights of the Valhalla. Perhaps there is to be a leadership coup and the name changed to 'Knights of the Cheetah's ??'
  7. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    26 Feb '04 09:52
    The tournament was set up with the parameters suggested by the sponsor. please contact the clan leader and request a change, I'm sure he would agree if you state the reason that you are not entering.

-Russ
  8. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    27 Feb '04 00:241 edit
    7 day t/o now applied to clan leader tournament.

-Russ
  9. Joined
    31 Jul '03
    Moves
    27 Feb '04 00:42
    Originally posted by Russ
    7 day t/o now applied to clan leader tournament.

-Russ
    Great news, thanks! I'm in! 🙂

Now if we only could get the non-clan leaders out, there'd be more room for people actually eligeable for the tournament. I don't know what's wrong with some people... 😕

-Jarno
  10. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Feb '04 02:481 edit
    Originally posted by Pyrrho
    Great news, thanks! I'm in! 🙂

Now if we only could get the non-clan leaders out, there'd be more room for people actually eligeable for the tournament. I don't know what's wrong with some people... 😕

-Jarno
    Me too
  11. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    27 Feb '04 02:581 edit
    Originally posted by skeeter
    Me too
    Description ** PLEASE NOTE : YOU MUST BE A CLAN LEADER OF AN ACTIVE CLAN TO ENTER **

i didn't realize you were in the cheetah club skeetah.

it does rhyme nicely though:

skeeter the cheetah
  12. Over seas
    Moves
    27 Feb '04 03:47
    I am lost. I participated in the clan leader clash. I just looked and could not find this one. I will enter if it is open, if not to win at least to kick pyrrho about a little. 😉

Mike
  13. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Feb '04 04:54

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

14. Standard membergotti2000
    The winemaker
    Austria
    Moves
    27 Feb '04 08:06
    Dear Mr. Skeeter,

How about avoiding ACTIVELY RHP discousion groups?

Gotti
  15. ruislipwoods
    Moves
    27 Feb '04 08:41
    I have dropped out. It says active.
    Skeeter you need to take a trip to OZ to cut down on the in breeding.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree