Tournaments Forum

Tournaments Forum

  1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Joined
    21 Feb '01
    Moves
    2031
    02 Dec '02 21:24
  2. Donationvaknso
    The Ambassador
    Charleston SC. USA
    Joined
    17 Jun '01
    Moves
    123664
    02 Dec '02 22:59
    Red Hot Pawn is definately the best Chess Site in the Whole Wide
    World. Something new everyday almost.πŸ™‚
    John
  3. Oxford, UK
    Joined
    14 Aug '02
    Moves
    2150
    04 Dec '02 16:30
    Anyway, my question is this: in the upcoming New Year tournament,
    currently group size 5, does this mean that I will immediately acquire
    4 new games or 8 new games in each round, or is there some other
    way of working this out?

    Also, in such a long tournament, how should withdrawals be handled -
    does a player wishing to withdraw just have to resign all games?

    Thanks as usual for the good work,
    Moray
  4. DonationJacko
    Knock, Knock...?
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Joined
    18 Mar '02
    Moves
    42951
    04 Dec '02 19:27
    Originally posted by rmcubed
    Anyway, my question is this: in the upcoming New Year
    tournament,
    currently group size 5, does this mean that I will immediately acquire
    4 new games or 8 new games in each round, or is there some other
    way of working this out?

    Also, in such a long tournament, how should withdrawals be handled -
    does a player wishing to withdraw just have to resign all games?

    Thanks as usual for the good work,
    Moray
    if it is like 100-2-1 it will be 8 games.

    DAvid
  5. Joined
    05 Dec '02
    Moves
    1116
    05 Dec '02 22:22
    HI I from Germany I can only say,that this ist the best site i´ve seen
    for long time.sorry but my english isn´n so good,because i`m 16
  6. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Joined
    21 Feb '01
    Moves
    2031
    05 Dec '02 23:231 edit
    Glad you like the site. Believe me, your English is way better
    than my German would ever be (even with 16 years of effort πŸ˜‰ )

    -Russ
  7. Standard membergotti2000
    The winemaker
    Austria
    Joined
    18 Jul '02
    Moves
    16118
    06 Dec '02 18:501 edit
    Originally posted by Russ
    ... Believe me, your English is way better
    than my German would ever be (even with 16 years of effort πŸ˜‰ )

    -Russ
    Russ, I'm sure you can spell 'Oktoberfest' πŸ˜• <= drunken smiley
  8. DonationGburl
    The Elder
    Joined
    04 Apr '02
    Moves
    89432
    17 Dec '02 20:31
    Looks like the site is still open and we are going past the 100 mark.
    Will it stay open until the end of the year? No problem with me if it
    does.
    Gene
    The ElderπŸ˜€
  9. Joined
    27 Aug '02
    Moves
    17178
    18 Dec '02 00:59
    Originally posted by Gburl
    Looks like the site is still open and we are going past the 100
    mark.
    Will it stay open until the end of the year? No problem with me if it
    does.
    Gene
    The ElderπŸ˜€
    The 100 to 1 tourney had a maximum of 100, this one has a
    maximum of 1000. Don't think we will make that mark though.
    Bob
  10. Standard memberhayz
    King of ... Stuff
    Canada
    Joined
    30 Nov '02
    Moves
    2901
    01 Jan '03 00:35
    I'm anxious to start playing, does it start at midnight 00:00 Jan 1st, 2003? :-)
    πŸ˜€
  11. SubscriberChris
    Site Admin
    Wimbledon
    Joined
    21 Feb '01
    Moves
    25628
    01 Jan '03 01:38
    Originally posted by hayz
    I'm anxious to start playing, does it start at midnight 00:00 Jan 1st, 2003? :-)
    πŸ˜€
    I've just started it...
  12. Donationvaknso
    The Ambassador
    Charleston SC. USA
    Joined
    17 Jun '01
    Moves
    123664
    01 Jan '03 03:41
    Originally posted by Chrismo
    I've just started it...
    Happy New Year Chris. Thanks for a Great site.
    John
  13. Joined
    15 Aug '02
    Moves
    34641
    02 Jan '03 12:24
    After all the discussion in the 100 to 1 about who should go through etc etc has anyone come up with an defintive set of rules for this one or are we just going to argue again whenever the opportunity arises.
  14. DonationChessNut
    Lightly Salted...
    Joined
    18 Jul '01
    Moves
    36979
    03 Jan '03 17:50
    I'm confused by the scoring. I see people with one win (I think) and yet they have 6 points. πŸ˜• Is this correct?
  15. DonationChessNut
    Lightly Salted...
    Joined
    18 Jul '01
    Moves
    36979
    03 Jan '03 19:34
    Never mind guys... I just figured it out...😳 I didn't catch how the table was setup.

    Good Luck Everyone!!
Back to Top