1. Joined
    06 Aug '05
    Moves
    28 Jun '06 14:17
    Firstly, I'd like to say that the tournament system on RHP is brilliant. I love playing in them, however not everyone is happy. It appears that not much thought goes into the parameters of each tournament, and instead we get the same formats used again and again.

Why don't we mix up the format each time new tournaments are opened. What's so difficuilt in having the occational banded group of 4 with a quick time control? (As Ravelo has asked for many times before)

I really think that Russ and co should spend just a few minutes more before creating new tourneys. Variety is the spice of life!

Secondly, I'd like to comment on the Feast/Famine situation that occurs here. We only had perhaps 4 (very small) tournaments in the past week opened, and then within the last couple of days 27 tournaments have been opened.

It was great the that Quartet banded tournaments have been added, but I really don't think the timing was appropriate. These could have been started in a few weeks time, now we have 2 sets of very similar tournaments and neither set will fill up (except perhaps the lower banded ones).

Surely a little more thought and planning can go into the creation of the tournaments.

It's such a small simple thing to implement, but I think that it would really improve the service to the RHP community.

Tell me if I'm wrong!
  2. Standard memberSmiffy
    SPS CLAN
    Wales
    Moves
    28 Jun '06 14:46
    I agree lets get faster banded tournaments 7/14 is a bit to long....also lets have more tournaments like leader tournaments and so on they look more fun....

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree