Tournaments Forum

Tournaments Forum

  1. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Joined
    21 May '03
    Moves
    223615
    31 Oct '06 01:21
    They should have 54 player not 48.
  2. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Joined
    18 Aug '03
    Moves
    54533
    31 Oct '06 02:003 edits
    it should be 69.

    then in the second round we have 69/3= 23 players + 1 extra from a drawn group,
    in the third round we have 24/3=8 + 1 extra from a drawn group,
    in the fourth round we have 3 groups of 3,
    in the fifth round the best face off.
    ((3*3-1)*3-1)*3=69

    it should be 69.
  3. Joined
    26 Sep '05
    Moves
    52930
    31 Oct '06 06:27
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    They should have 54 player not 48.
    It's all pretty immaterial since there's bound to be some tied groups with more than one player going through to the next round
  4. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Joined
    18 Aug '03
    Moves
    54533
    31 Oct '06 14:42
    Originally posted by davidmacc
    It's all pretty immaterial since there's bound to be some tied groups with more than one player going through to the next round
    i think a good point is made to at least have a number divisible by 3
  5. Joined
    06 Aug '05
    Moves
    42926
    01 Nov '06 21:47
    Originally posted by flexmore
    i think a good point is made to at least have a number divisible by 3
    48 is divisable by 3! At least it was the last time I looked.
  6. Joined
    06 Aug '05
    Moves
    42926
    01 Nov '06 21:48
    RBHILL:

    1 Tourney
    2 Tournies
  7. Joined
    26 Sep '05
    Moves
    52930
    03 Nov '06 12:41
    Originally posted by irax
    RBHILL:

    1 Tourney
    2 Tournies
    You really know you're dealing with a pedant when he fixes the pluralisation of non-words. 😀

    Keep it up, Irax, you make Irases everywhere proud!
  8. Joined
    06 Aug '05
    Moves
    42926
    03 Nov '06 13:54
    Originally posted by davidmacc
    You really know you're dealing with a pedant when he fixes the pluralisation of non-words. 😀

    Keep it up, Irax, you make Irases everywhere proud!
    The rules of grammar must apply to made up words, surely!

    Otherwise I'll eat my dringanger.
Back to Top