Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Tournaments Forum

Tournaments Forum

1. Standard member SirLoseALot
    Shut Gorohoviy!
    23 Aug '04 03:09
    In the Grand split one fourteen XI tourney,I tied for first with dcpk.Mephisto won the other group.Now what?Do I play dcpk again for a place in the final?
    I don't think it matters much as he seems to be gone 'till October.But I'm curious how such a matter is handled.

Sir Lot.
  2. Standard member flexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    23 Aug '04 03:38
    Originally posted by SirLoseALot
    In the Grand split one fourteen XI tourney,I tied for first with dcpk.Mephisto won the other group.Now what?Do I play dcpk again for a place in the final?
    I don't think it matters much as he seems to be gone 'till October.But I'm curious how such a matter is handled.

Sir Lot.
    i think this happens regularly:

in the next round will be all three of you!

bad luck - it does not mean that mephisto2 is somehow magically cleared from your path.
  3. 23 Aug '04 07:35
    I believe Flexmore is right. If you want, perhaps Russ could wait to start the next round till he is back? I don't mind waiting a bit longer.
  4. Standard member SirLoseALot
    Shut Gorohoviy!
    23 Aug '04 09:42 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Mephisto2
    I believe Flexmore is right. If you want, perhaps Russ could wait to start the next round till he is back? I don't mind waiting a bit longer.
    Wait 'till October!?October when?It doesn't say in his profile,could be end October.
    Oh well,it doesn't matter that I lose (ehr,I mean beat) to you or to the both of you,I guess.Ok,let's wait 'till he's back.
  5. Standard member SirLoseALot
    Shut Gorohoviy!
    23 Aug '04 09:44
    Originally posted by flexmore

bad luck - it does not mean that mephisto2 is somehow magically cleared from your path.
    LOL! I didn't think it would 😀
  6. Standard member TRACKHEAD21
    Total Domination
    23 Aug '04 23:49
    Originally posted by SirLoseALot

Sir Lot.
    yep it does happen regularly, both of you will be in finals so it will be a 3 man final highest score wins. Same thing looking to happen in one of my tournaments as it will b a tie between me and someone else if he can win all the rest oof his games, think he has about 6 or 7 left while I am finish.