1. Joined
    15 Apr '04
    Moves
    14 Oct '05 08:311 edit
    Hmmm...opponent has mate next move...claim win symbol just appeared...last time claim win symbol appeared it was there for five days (no auto timeout?)...

Edit: Not really looking for advice, just thinking aloud.
  2. Standard memberzakkwylder
    Mouth for war
    Burlington, KY
    Moves
    14 Oct '05 08:43
    Originally posted by kw72uk
    just thinking aloud.
    I didn't know that involved the trouble of coming to the forum, clicking on new thread, then typing that whole mess. Cut the crap, you are looking for advice. I say claim it. I doubt your opponent(should he/she choose to move) will have mercy on you if you let it slide.
  3. Joined
    15 Apr '04
    Moves
    14 Oct '05 08:51
    Originally posted by zakkwylder
    I didn't know that involved the trouble of coming to the forum, clicking on new thread, then typing that whole mess. Cut the crap, you are looking for advice. I say claim it. I doubt your opponent(should he/she choose to move) will have mercy on you if you let it slide.
    I claimed it anyway before your reply. I may have thought about taking advice when I created the thread but then realised I had already made up my mind - hence the Edit saying I was thinking aloud. As you can't delete threads and deleting the content entirely causes confusion, I thought that was the best option. God I'm full of crap this morning. Lucky I've got a half day.
  4. Standard memberzakkwylder
    Mouth for war
    Burlington, KY
    Moves
    14 Oct '05 08:59
    Originally posted by kw72uk
    I claimed it anyway before your reply. I may have thought about taking advice when I created the thread but then realised I had already made up my mind - hence the Edit saying I was thinking aloud. As you can't delete threads and deleting the content entirely causes confusion, I thought that was the best option. God I'm full of crap this morning. Lucky I've got a half day.
    After posting, I checked your games and noticed you had. Its a good thing to, that would have been an embarrassing mate.
  5. Joined
    15 Apr '04
    Moves
    14 Oct '05 09:11
    Originally posted by zakkwylder
    After posting, I checked your games and noticed you had. Its a good thing to, that would have been an embarrassing mate.
    Indeed. 😳
  6. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    14 Oct '05 15:21
    the honourable thing would have been to resign the quasi decided game and take the other. But then timeout is time out.
  7. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    30 Oct '05 20:14
    I have a timeout waiting since more than 6 days now in a tournament. Seems there is no auto-timeout at all. But how do the timeouts between the PO and Vasquez occur?
  8. Standard memberMIODude
    me, not you
    CaNaDa
    Moves
    31 Oct '05 01:19
    I had a game auto timeout after 4 days.. It doesn't seem to be automated.. but.. I can't picture Russ browsing through the tournaments looking for empty timebanks.. I don't know how its done.. maybe a scheduled once a week batch job?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree