1. Joined
    06 Mar '11
    Moves
    19 Mar '11 16:36
    Estimados ajedrecistas Mexicanos,
    mi nombre es Alex Villasana, y soy un coach del Club de Ajedrez de Norcross (no muy lejos de la ciudad de Atlanta, GA), y estoy buscando ayuda. En nuestro club esperamos tener nuestro segundo grupo de estudiantes listos para competir en torneos este proximo Mayo. Es mi deseo poder jugar algunas partidas contra otro club de ajedrez en Mexico. Nuestros estudiantes todos son de la escuela primaria, y son novatos en el deporte ciencia.
    Si alguien esta interesado en ayudarnos a coordinar un toner atravez de Internet, por favor pongase en contacto conmigo.

Muchas gracias!

-AlexV
  2. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    19 Mar '11 22:21
    For a better response Alex, place this on 'chess' and perhaps 'general' as well..good luck, it sounds like it could be of great worth to some youngsters.
  3. SubscriberHelder Octavio Borges
    Luso-brasileiro
    Cajamar, SP
    Moves
    20 Mar '11 00:171 edit
    Call Seitse ( User 211089 ), and send a PM for him. He's Mexican, maybe he can help you.
  4. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    20 Mar '11 02:08
    Originally posted by Helder Octavio
    Call Seitse ( User 211089 ), and send a PM for him. He's Mexican, maybe he can help you.
    Why are you mocking a guy who's asking for help, I'm at a loss to understand why, perhaps you could illuminate in this regard ??
  5. Joined
    06 Mar '11
    Moves
    20 Mar '11 02:24
    Thanks, guys, for your suggestions. I will try to to follow your advice.
    Grace & Peace
    -AlexV
  6. SubscriberHelder Octavio Borges
    Luso-brasileiro
    Cajamar, SP
    Moves
    20 Mar '11 03:00
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    Why are you mocking a guy who's asking for help, I'm at a loss to understand why, perhaps you could illuminate in this regard ??
    😴 😴 😴 😴 😴 😴 😴 ...
  7. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    20 Mar '11 04:001 edit
    😴 😴 😴 😴 😴 😴 😴 ...
    Exactly as I thought...your candid, yet poorly improvised, remarks here and elsewhere gave me good hint but one look at your profile foto told me exactly what you were \ are all about 😀
  8. SubscriberHelder Octavio Borges
    Luso-brasileiro
    Cajamar, SP
    Moves
    20 Mar '11 05:093 edits
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    Exactly as I thought...your candid, yet poorly improvised, remarks here and elsewhere gave me good hint but one look at your profile foto told me exactly what you were \ are all about 😀
    😴 😴 😴 😴 ...

And my speech in my youtube video? If you saw my photo, you saw the video...

😴 😴 😴 😴 ...

I don't believe you have powers of attorney (the word in portuguese is procuração) to speak for Jan and Sac (Thread 137062, page 2, post 2)...

😴 😴 😴 😴 ...

I don't know to speak English. Now, you can talk a little with my Google Translator...

😴 😴 😴 😴 ...
  9. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    20 Mar '11 06:38
    😴 😴 😴 😴 ...

And my speech in my youtube video? If you saw my photo, you saw the video...

😴 😴 😴 😴 ...

I don't believe you have powers of attorney (the word in portuguese is procuração) to speak for [b]Jan
    and Sac (Thread 137062, page 2, post 2)...

😴 😴 😴 😴 ...

I don't know to speak English. Now, you can talk a little with my Google Translator...

😴 😴 😴 😴 ...[/b]
    I neither need, nor do I require, power of attorney to make idle but factual comments on behalf of friends, most certainly not here..this is not a S. American court of law and, most certainly, we're not sat in your police station awaiting my interrogation.
    Sir, I suggest you check with your own translator the next time you feel it appropriate to mock comments intended only to further the interest of kids..and when you've double checked that translation, make sure at least that you bloody well know what you're talking about !! Who's the clown now eh...
  10. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    20 Mar '11 07:58
    Originally posted by Alexus Maximus
    Estimados ajedrecistas Mexicanos,
    mi nombre es Alex Villasana, y soy un coach del Club de Ajedrez de Norcross (no muy lejos de la ciudad de Atlanta, GA), y estoy buscando ayuda. En nuestro club esperamos tener nuestro segundo grupo de estudiantes listos para competir en torneos este proximo Mayo. Es mi deseo poder jugar algunas partidas contra otro c ...[text shortened]... n toner atravez de Internet, por favor pongase en contacto conmigo.

Muchas gracias!

-AlexV
    Hola Alex,

Qué gusto me da que estés organizando este tipo de eventos para chavales. El ajedrez es una gran manera de ayudarles en la vida y en la escuela. Felicidades.

En cuanto a encontrar un club, es difícil porque el ajedrez no es muy popular en México a nivel primaria. En las universidades sí, puedes encontrar muchos clubes y muy bien organizados con página de internet y teléfonos de contacto. Pero, como te digo, a nivel primaria no.

Voy a hacer el esfuerzo de enviarle un correo a una amiga mía que es profesora de primaria, a ver si conoce algún club de chicos.

Saludos,
    Seitse
  11. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    20 Mar '11 12:52
    Well, apologies to Heldar Octavio, I've personal messaged to that effect. I hold my hands up, I mistook the clown reference as being a mocking gesture and then the ZZZZzzz smiley just got my goat. Once again, sorry, Dean.
  12. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    21 Mar '11 07:41
    Do I know you, kid?

I mean, either you are a returning user or you are a loser,
    because you insulted me by assuming that it is a mockery
    to refer someone to me, as if you would know me from
    before or you are judging me without even having crossed
    a single word with me.

I doubt that you have the education to apologize, so I won't
    wait for one.
  13. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    21 Mar '11 18:381 edit
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Do I know you, kid?

I mean, either you are a returning user or you are a loser,
    because you insulted me by assuming that it is a mockery
    to refer someone to me, as if you would know me from
    before or you are judging me without even having crossed
    a single word with me.

I doubt that you have the education to apologize, so I won't
    wait for one.
    Sir, the one thing I can say with all honesty is that my education really isn't something anyone can call 'inferior'. However, I'm at great loss to understand your note as you've been sent copies of my correspondence to another user, I am told so and have no reason to doubt this ??
    I must briefly refer to your earlier comment as regard 'returning user'....no, I'm happy with the one and only account I've ever had here. Judging you you say, I don;t know you so how can I pretend otherwise ?
    Read the notes, all of them....how can you find any of the offerings offensive ?? You are calling yourself a clown, nobody else. The confusion was based upon the fact I thought Heldar was mocking the OP by offering you as some form of aid to him, I was wrong but let me tell you why. Heldars response when I 'wrongly' asked why he was referring the OP to a clown was one of ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzz smiley characters. I took offence to this, I was too quick to respond. However, let me explain why I thought Heldars note was offensive to the OP, a 'Swedish clown' it states profile wise..that's not judgemental, it's just plain fact unless somebody else is writing your profile \ posting avatars and you're not aware of this. In a note I sent, I was merely curious as to why you'd call yourself such if that's not the case. If it's not the case then remove it if any reference to it actually does cause you offence. As I say, read the notes and read the notes you've been forwarded ( ?? ). IF there is something to which an apology is deserved, then I'll make one. Unlike most here, I make apologies as and when they are deserved, trust me on that...I believe there is one directly above your own post as an example. Dean.
  14. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    22 Mar '11 08:14
    Dean, you have no respect whatsoever for the clowning profession.

I sustain my sense of having been offended.
  15. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    22 Mar '11 13:201 edit
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Dean, you have no respect whatsoever for the clowning profession.

I sustain my sense of having been offended.
    Fair comment...the 'clowning profession' is a worthy one, I'd have taken an wholly different approach to answering had I been aware that that was the appropriate route to take...certainly the lonnnnnnnnnng response I gave was inappropriate.
    I do hope you're not offended for too long...drop on in for a cuppa.. any time, Dean.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree