Tournaments Forum

Tournaments Forum

  1. Joined
    29 Sep '08
    Moves
    19763
    18 Jun '12 14:16
    any interested in this elo spread for a tournament
  2. Joined
    08 Jun '12
    Moves
    48821
    18 Jul '12 14:38
    I'd like to play in such tournament but i am below your min. rating! 🙂
  3. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Joined
    18 Apr '10
    Moves
    66726
    18 Jul '12 22:49
    Originally posted by cohonas
    any interested in this elo spread for a tournament
    Have you asked Leur from the M.U.T.I club?
    I see you are in M.U.T.I and the Rev and Dan Triola + others would probably enter.
  4. Joined
    07 Feb '11
    Moves
    27502
    19 Jul '12 19:22
    I'd be up for it, depending on the time limits. 7/7 would be my preferred setup, or even 7/21.
  5. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Joined
    09 Dec '06
    Moves
    17848
    24 Jul '12 23:06
    Originally posted by venda
    Have you asked Leur from the M.U.T.I club?
    I see you are in M.U.T.I and the Rev and Dan Triola + others would probably enter.
    I see he's STILL globe trotting, but 'Amsterdamn' is the man who specialised in creating such tourney's...some say his actual speciality was carefully selecting the contenders and 'thinning out' that original field, as 50% would disappear in a cloud of smoke fairly early on in the proceedings...great interest was indeed garnered over at the chess forum, but that's a different story entirely....
    And no Dave, I never did get an invite lol...
  6. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Joined
    18 Apr '10
    Moves
    66726
    25 Jul '12 22:31
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    I see he's STILL globe trotting, but 'Amsterdamn' is the man who specialised in creating such tourney's...some say his actual speciality was carefully selecting the contenders and 'thinning out' that original field, as 50% would disappear in a cloud of smoke fairly early on in the proceedings...great interest was indeed garnered over at the chess forum, but that's a different story entirely....
    And no Dave, I never did get an invite lol...
    Ok Dean.
    Please excuse my lack of historical background.
  7. Amsterdam
    Joined
    04 Feb '06
    Moves
    48602
    31 Jul '12 14:11
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    I see he's STILL globe trotting, but 'Amsterdamn' is the man who specialised in creating such tourney's...some say his actual speciality was carefully selecting the contenders and 'thinning out' that original field, as 50% would disappear in a cloud of smoke fairly early on in the proceedings...great interest was indeed garnered over at the chess forum, but that's a different story entirely....
    And no Dave, I never did get an invite lol...
    Thanks Rev! I might be back soon ;-)
  8. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Joined
    09 Dec '06
    Moves
    17848
    02 Aug '12 20:50
    Originally posted by Amsterdamn
    Thanks Rev! I might be back soon ;-)
    Excellent 🙂 you've finished that North American 'adventure' you mentioned months ago then ( ? ) .... but as you can see there's a need for you to set up another one of your 'specials' here...and the sooner the better 😉
  9. Amsterdam
    Joined
    04 Feb '06
    Moves
    48602
    04 Aug '12 09:48
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    Excellent 🙂 you've finished that North American 'adventure' you mentioned months ago then ( ? ) .... but as you can see there's a need for you to set up another one of your 'specials' here...and the sooner the better 😉
    North America has been postponed, but other things have been ticked off the list 🙂

    Just set up a new tourny for the High Rated Players, duel style..
    Invites are sent, let's see who will be in!
  10. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Joined
    09 Dec '06
    Moves
    17848
    04 Aug '12 12:22
    Originally posted by Amsterdamn
    North America has been postponed, but other things have been ticked off the list 🙂

    Just set up a new tourny for the High Rated Players, duel style..
    Invites are sent, let's see who will be in!
    GREAT news, one to watch...let's hope it lives up to all the past glories... !!
    Here it is:

    Tournament 15107

    Once it's up and running it's surely deserving of its own thread once again ?? Folk NEED to know and follow this one religiously 🙂
Back to Top