Tournament entry level.

Tournament entry level.

Tournaments

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beginner

Toronto

Moves
31 Mar 12

Just as a matter of interest, I entered into 'March 2012 Banded Threesomes I 1400-1425'. I noticed some recent entrants with much higher tournament/play ratings than the tournament suggests... how come? Kind of seems like us mortals don't have a chance now :-)

Dave

S.Yorks.England

Moves
31 Mar 12

Originally posted by GraemeK
Just as a matter of interest, I entered into 'March 2012 Banded Threesomes I 1400-1425'. I noticed some recent entrants with much higher tournament/play ratings than the tournament suggests... how come? Kind of seems like us mortals don't have a chance now :-)
Your tournament entry rating changes every time you complete a game(see the note on your home page which tells you how it works).
I presume you are referring to "blicher".If you look at his graph, he's won a lot of games recently which will have boosted his rating from when he "qualified" to enter the tournament.
Also be aware that there's some sad people on this site who will deliberately lose a lot of friendly games to artificially lower their rating which allows them to enter banded tournaments below their real ability.I'm not suggesting anyone in your tournament is guilty of this practice.

Beginner

Toronto

Moves
31 Mar 12

Thanks for the info. Odd behaviour. Is that like an ego trip thing? I would have thought playing chess on-line was just a bunch of fun, nothing more ... silly me!

Dave

S.Yorks.England

Moves
01 Apr 12

Originally posted by GraemeK
Thanks for the info. Odd behaviour. Is that like an ego trip thing? I would have thought playing chess on-line was just a bunch of fun, nothing more ... silly me!
I think it's more about getting a buzz out of manipulating the system.A bit like people who write computer viruses!!

Beginner

Toronto

Moves
01 Apr 12

Odd. I'd go for base jumping :-)