1. Joined
    09 Nov '02
    Moves
    06 Mar '07 15:23
    I know it's not such a big deal, but it would be nice if the maximum rating for a tournament was actually relevant to the tournament entry *at the start of tournament play*. For example I am currently playing in round 1 of a banded tournament against a player with a rating 200 above the maximum rating. Which is hardly fair on the rest of us.

Now I understand how it happened - he entered the tournament while his rating was within bounds, but in the time it took to fill the entries his rating has since progressed well beyond the limit for the tournament. There is a second case in a tournament still waiting to start, where the top rated player has his "tournament entry rating" 160 above the maximum. Is there not a way to remove such people from the entry list before the event starts? It makes a mockery of "rated" tournaments.

I fully understand that people can have great shifts in rating *during* a tournament, so that by the time they finish the event they are well above the initial rating limit. That is not a problem for me. However, if a person's rating goes above the rating limit *before* the tournament actually starts then he should not be able to participate and his name should be removed from the entrants to allow the tournament to fill properly.

This is not so much a gripe as a request, as i fully understand the amount of work that would have to go into doing this. But it's rather unfair to those of us entering a max 1700 rating tournament when there are rating 1900+ players in it from day 1 of play.

r
  2. 127.0.0.1
    Moves
    06 Mar '07 15:43
    Originally posted by thundyr
    I know it's not such a big deal, but it would be nice if the maximum rating for a tournament was actually relevant to the tournament entry *at the start of tournament play*. For example I am currently playing in round 1 of a banded tournament against a player with a rating 200 above the maximum rating. Which is hardly fair on the rest of us.

Now I under ...[text shortened]... 1700 rating tournament when there are rating 1900+ players in it from day 1 of play.

r
    I agree with you, but you would do better to post in the Site Suggestions forum.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '07
    Moves
    06 Mar '07 17:13
    Stop the whining and deal with it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree