1. INDIA
    Moves
    24 Dec '05 15:56
    Hi,

Respecting the tournament winners in a separate link under "Tournament Overview" is fine but I think there should also be a mention abt the runners up and/or 3rd place winners.

Some tournaments will be played by players since months and it will be nice to see a mention abt the hard work and the efort the final 2 or 3 have also played..

What do you guys think? (I think I will lead the category of runners-up so far 🙂)

Thanks,
    Satya
  2. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    24 Dec '05 17:40
    Instead of the name of the tournament you've won, it might be nice to have icons (like this one: http://www.redhotpawn.com/img/mini/icn/tourn.gif) in your profile, a golden one for every won tournament, a silver one when you are second and a bronze one when you are third (maybe it will be nice to have deciding rounds in case of equal points, so you have something to fight for even when you lose in the semi finals in a duel tournament). Clicking on one of those icons brings you to the page of the tournament, so anyone can see in what tournament you've made the result.
  3. Behind you...
    Moves
    24 Dec '05 18:19
    I don't like either of these ideas. Tournaments are played to be won (in general), and anyone who constantly (consistently?) gets 2nd or 3rd should use that as motivation to play better and go for 1st. Plus it would be kinda impossible to have a 3rd place finisher in a knock-out style tourney, unless the 3rd and 4th place finishers faced off.
  4. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    24 Dec '05 18:37
    Originally posted by satyaprakash
    Hi,

Respecting the tournament winners in a separate link under "Tournament Overview" is fine but I think there should also be a mention abt the runners up and/or 3rd place winners.

Some tournaments will be played by players since months and it will be nice to see a mention abt the hard work and the efort the final 2 or 3 have also played..

W ...[text shortened]... do you guys think? (I think I will lead the category of runners-up so far 🙂)

Thanks,
    Satya
    I think engine users should be removed from the overview.

What do you think?

D
  5. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    24 Dec '05 19:57
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    I think engine users should be removed from the overview.

What do you think?

D
    This is sure,I hope Russ removes them as soon as possible.
  6. INDIA
    Moves
    24 Dec '05 21:28
    Originally posted by Aiko
    Instead of the name of the tournament you've won, it might be nice to have icons (like this one: http://www.redhotpawn.com/img/mini/icn/tourn.gif) in your profile, a golden one for every won tournament, a silver one when you are second and a bronze one when you are third (maybe it will be nice to have deciding rounds in case of equal points, so you have someth ...[text shortened]... you to the page of the tournament, so anyone can see in what tournament you've made the result.
    I second that Aiko. While a question of motivation or an urge to win every time, one must also realise the duration some of the Long hauls a player who goes to the last round and then finds that he is second to the best but goes without notice.
  7. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    24 Dec '05 22:45
    You always can ask Russ to implement a "Losers Hall of Fame".
  8. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    24 Dec '05 22:49
    Originally posted by Ravello
    You always can ask Russ to implement a "Losers Hall of Fame".
    i have considered creating this ... but decided that it would encourage people to see how far their engines could get undetected.
  9. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    24 Dec '05 23:521 edit
    Originally posted by flexmore
    i have considered creating this ... but decided that it would encourage people to see how far their engines could get undetected.
    ?What this has to do with people losing tournaments?
  10. Standard memberasromacalcio
    asromacalcio
    Almaty, Kazakhstan
    Moves
    01 Jan '06 12:15
    Originally posted by Aiko
    Instead of the name of the tournament you've won, it might be nice to have icons (like this one: http://www.redhotpawn.com/img/mini/icn/tourn.gif) in your profile, a golden one for every won tournament, a silver one when you are second and a bronze one when you are third (maybe it will be nice to have deciding rounds in case of equal points, so you have somethi ...[text shortened]... ou to the page of the tournament, so anyone can see in what tournament you've made the result.
    Yes.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree