Tournament Question

Tournament Question

Tournaments

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

t

Glasgow/Scotland

Moves
29 Mar 06

I've just signed up for RHP.

Are there any tournaments for beginners/ameuters.

The only one I saw that was open required a rating of over 1700 to play.

I'd be very interested in the chance to play in a tournament with other relative nebies/folks who won't beat me up too much.

Thanks

z

Moves
29 Mar 06

Yes there are. The reason the 1700+ one is there is that not enough (or not an even 🙄 people signed up. When they create banded tournements, they cover the entire range of ratings. That said, you have to check almost daily for new tournaments as they do fill up fast. I would estimate that new tournaments are created weekly.

F
9 Edits

London

Moves
29 Mar 06

Originally posted by thetank444
I've just signed up for RHP.

Are there any tournaments for beginners/ameuters.

The only one I saw that was open required a rating of over 1700 to play.

I'd be very interested in the chance to play in a tournament with other relative nebies/folks who won't beat me up too much.

Thanks
There should be a new set of tournaments along soon. Hopefully they will be banded toureys as these are always the best and most fun. They give you a chance to compete against your own rating range, so you don't end up in a group full of 1700+. That said, sometimes the best way to learn is to enter an open tournament and get your a$$ kicked around a bit and then analyse the game to see where you went wrong and what you could have done better.